MusicJOT 1.3.8 for iPad
Music App on iOS
MusicJOT App / Specifications
- • Price: $29.99
- • In-app purchases: Yes
- • Content rating: Rated 4+
- • Requires: iOS 10.3 or later
- • Device compatibility: iPad
- • Rating average
- 3 out of 5
- • Rating users
- • Total downloads
- • Current version downloads
- • Updated: June 26, 2019
MusicJOT / Screenshots on iPad
MusicJOT / Description
MusicJOT is a powerful music notation app that's also easy to use. Write quickly and naturally on a staff and watch it rendered into beautifully notated music. Interact directly, quickly dragging notes around to change their pitch or duration and choose advanced features from pop-up palettes. Listen to your composition with our full-featured audio playback engine, featuring unlimited tracks and 128 built-in General MIDI instruments. Export your scores in MusicXML or MIDI and pick them up in any desktop notation app such as Finale® or Sibelius® for final tweaking and printing.
• Enter music with your own natural handwriting and a stylus. Optimized for Apple Pencil®. Also directly supports Adonit® stylus.
• Alternative palette-driven system for notes and music symbols.
• Layers let you control and de-clutter what is displayed.
• "Virtual Pointer" allows spot-checking notes, local playback of notes or chords and entering/selecting events.
• The "Visual Road Map" shows your composition's repeat structure.
• Lyric support with automatic syllable flowing.
• Number of staffs and measures limited only by your device.
• Group instruments together, such as a woodwind section in an orchestral score.
• MusicJOT doesn't force you to maintain legal notation. Correct measures at any time with the Illegal Measure Buttons.
• Advanced settings allow fine tuning of dozens of parameters to tailor your notation style.
• Complete contextual help system, including a device-resident manual and tutorials.
• Individual staffs can be transposed for transposing instruments, such as trumpets and saxophones.
• Batch note manipulations, such as transpositions and copy/paste with merge, append and replace.
• Directly change note pitches (diatonic, chromatic) or durations by dragging when not in handwriting mode.
• Playback support for tempo markings and dynamics.
• Music spacing adjustable.
• Context sensitive menu system after selections for many often used operations such as octave transpositions, note/rest toggle, common triplets, and simple repeats, etc.
• Score manager allows creation of new scores from templates or custom setup.
• Air print directly from MusicJOT.
• Multiple voices per staff.
• A Staff Manager lets you rearrange all staffs.
• A new Transformation Editor lets you experiment with a variety of tools that you can apply to your predefined regions.
• A new Chord Editor lets you create playable text-based chords.
• Now with AirDrop.
• Now supports the new 3rd generation iPad Pro and new Apple Pencil.
• Additional Sound libraries can be purchased (InApp Purchases).
• Support for fretboards.
• Custom beaming
• Voice 2 rests draggable to avoid collisions.
• Alternate all-in-one notes/rests/tools palette.
•. All-in-one expressions palette.
•. Tremolos, trills, dynamics, accents and staccatos that playback.
MusicJOT / Changelog / What's New in v1.3.8
- Bugs Fixed
- Fixed an issue where the top of some scores might get cut off in the transformation editor’s preview area.
- Fixed an issue where short left to right strokes failed to recognize.
- Fixed an issue where grace notes following a 16th note or quicker were not behaving properly.
- Fixed an issue where you couldn’t change an interior note in a tuplet to a grace note.
- Fixed an issue where rests in a beam group were sometimes drawing with a half beam. This issue was inadvertently introduced in v1.3.7.
- Improved spacing of dotted notes.
- Whole measure rests are now centered in the measure.
- Certain expressions such as dynamics and tremolos can now only appear on a note once. Adding a different different dynamic (for example) simply changes the existing one.
- Improved vertical centering of grace notes on line or space.
- Features Added
- Dragging on a bar line in the measure number bar will expand that measure stack by adding space in between every note. This is very useful when trying to insert new notes in between notes that are very close together.
- Now restoring last zoom and staff positions when opening saved documents.
- Transposing notes from the Action menu now also transposes chord symbols and fretboards.
- New “Live Change” button in Static Palette allows direct duration change of tapped note(s) to current palette duration and note/rest.
- Added a user option to designate an Auto Save interval.
- Added tremolos (in expressions) with playback.
- Revamped the expressions/dynamics/shapes palette into a single palette. Now always in “Live Mode” so palette can stay open while inserting new expressions.
- Added ability to place a tuplet number without a bracket beam side (in addition to number bracket note side). Added context sensitive “Flip Tuplet” toggle.
- Tuplet panel now defaults to most common triplet based on selected note’s duration.
- Known Issues
- Undo after a multi-staff copy/paste is still problematic. Best is to save your score before attempting any large undos.
- Collisions between voices may occur and will be addressed in an upcoming release.