AnkiMobile Flashcards for iPhone and iPad
More About AnkiMobile Flashcards
AnkiMobile offers some features not found in other flashcard apps:
- A free cloud synchronization service that lets you keep your card content synchronized across multiple mobile and computer devices. This makes it easy to add content on a computer and then study it on your mobile, easily keep your study progress current between an iPhone and iPad, and so on.
- The same proven scheduling algorithm that the computer version of Anki uses, which reminds you of material as you're about to forget it.
- A flexible interface designed for smooth and efficient study. You can set up AnkiMobile to perform different actions when you tap or swipe on various parts of the screen, and control which actions appear on the tool buttons.
- Comprehensive graphs and statistics about your studies.
- Support for large card decks - even 100,000+ cards.
- If your cards use images or audio clips, the media is stored on your device, so you can study without an internet connection.
- A powerful search facility that allows you to find cards that match criteria such as 'tagged high priority, answered in the last ten days and not containing the following words', and automatically place them into a deck to study.
- Support for displaying mathematical equations with MathJax, and rendering LaTeX created with the computer version.
Please note that AnkiMobile is currently intended as a companion to the computer version of Anki, rather than a complete replacement for it. While AnkiMobile is able to display your cards in the same way the computer version does, certain changes like modifying note types need to be done with the computer software. For this reason, please familiarize yourself with the computer version of Anki before you think about buying this app.
Please also note that while you can use almost any language on your cards, AnkiMobile's user interface is only available in English at the moment.
Aside from the cloud synchronization service, AnkiMobile also supports copying decks to and from your device via the USB cable and iTunes.
Like all apps, AnkiMobile can be purchased once and then used on multiple devices in a household using the same Apple ID. Family sharing is also supported. For information on bulk discounts for educational institutions, please see http://www.apple.com/itunes/education/
For more information on AnkiMobile, including a link to the online manual, please have a look at the support page: http://ankisrs.net/docs/AnkiMobile.html
If you have any questions or want to report an issue, please let us know on our support site and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.
What's New in AnkiMobile Flashcards 2.0.87 >
- Fixed the future due graph incorrectly including new cards.
- Fixed inability to exclude tags in custom study.
- Fixed an issue with type-in-the-answer on cloze deletions with repeated words.
- Other minor bugfixes.
- You can now swipe across a deck to export it to an .apkg file.
- Added a Finnish translation, thanks largely to ihmematti.
- Fixed share sheet not appearing when exporting.
- Fixed deck list scrolling to top when tapping on a deck.
- Fixed leech notification not showing in v2 scheduler.
- Fixed daily study notification not appearing.
- Fixed flag labels shifted by 1.
- Other bugfixes and stability improvements.
- Fixed card info screen appearing blank.
- Fixed editing area sometimes appearing blank when returning to the app after a delay.
- Fixed spurious error after deleting notes in browse screen.
- Stability improvements.
- AnkiMobile now requires iOS 13.4 or later.
- The V1 Scheduler is no longer supported. If you had not yet upgraded, you'll be prompted to when you tap on a deck.
- Various fixes and improvements to the V3 scheduler to match the 2.1.50 computer release.
- The Browse screen now supports toggling between cards and notes.
- The Browse screen now supports more than two columns at once.
- Added purple and grey to the available colors in the editor.
- The app badge/review notification options now schedule a background task to refresh the counts after the day rolls over, which should improve the accuracy of the counts.
- Support the new backup expiry settings in the desktop 2.1.50 release.
- Support for importing/exporting 2.1.50+ colpkg files.
- Custom study no longer limits the number of cards you can extend the limits by.
- Custom study no longer remembers tags that have been removed.
- Added an 'infoForAdding' URL scheme, so apps can request available decks/notetypes.
- Added 'scroll up' and 'scroll down' actions, which can be assigned to gamepad buttons.
- Added Belarusian, Czech, Hebrew, Italian, Malayalam, Odia and Romanian translations - a big thank you to all translators.
- Fixed V3 custom scheduling not being honored.
- Fixed original image being inserted instead of cropped one.
- Fixed unpredictable scrolling when typing in editor fields on iOS 14/15.
- Fixed filtered deck search field not allowing keyboard switching.
- Fixed preview delay not being shown in filtered deck options.
- Automatically reload study screen when iOS frees resources.
- Show a warning in the review screen when an image is missing, and tweak the media syncing screen to reduce confusion over background syncing.