ForeFlight Mobile 9.3.1 for iPhone and iPad
Free Weather App on iOS
Editors' Words: The perfect pilot companion: on the ground, or in flight. Now in our 10th year, ForeFlight Mobile has become the essential and highly-rated app for pilots and ... Read More > or Install Now >
ForeFlight Mobile App / Specifications
- • Price: Free
- • In-app purchases: Yes
- • Content rating: Rated 4+
- • Requires: iOS 9.2 or later
- • Device compatibility: iPhone and iPad
- • Rating average
- 3.5 out of 5
- • Rating users
- • Total downloads
- • Current version downloads
- • Updated: September 14, 2017
ForeFlight Mobile / Screenshots on iPhone
ForeFlight Mobile / Screenshots on iPad
ForeFlight Mobile / Description
Now in our 10th year, ForeFlight Mobile has become the essential and highly-rated app for pilots and flight operations that makes flight planning, flying, and logging a joy.
ForeFlight Mobile delivers advanced flight planning capabilities, terminal procedure charts, enroute navigation charts, moving map, synthetic vision, hazard awareness, optional Jeppesen charts, a comprehensive library of market-leading weather information and visualization features, in-flight weather via ADS-B and SiriusXM, a large library of advanced aircraft performance profiles, customizable checklists, integration with a wide range of certified avionics and portable ADS-B and GPS receivers, a document reader and cloud document capability for management of aircraft and flight operations publications, and an easy-to-use pilot logbook for keeping track of flight experience. ForeFlight is backed by our Fanatical Pilot Support™, which delivers amazingly fast, accurate, and friendly customer service.
ForeFlight requires a subscription. Visit our website for more information on the available plan levels.
Please note: Location is used to enable a moving map and record track logs, camera is used to attach photos to logbook, push notifications are used for important bulletins and flight alerts, and contacts are used to add people to flights.
Editor's Choice, Flying Magazine, January 2012, 2013, 2014
App of the Year, Aviation Consumer, July 2011
Best Selling iPad Aviation App: 2010, 2011, 2012
"Best app for IFR" - Aviation Consumer
"One of the most popular and most-respected aviation apps available" - Sporty's Pilot Shop
FLIGHT PLANNING, BRIEFING, & FILING
Plan flights via text input or use ForeFlight Touch Planning capabilities. Tap out a route in seconds, and quickly see if flights will be affected by weather or TFRs. Helpful Route, Altitude, and Procedure Advisors make planning easy and accurate. Generate a graphical preflight briefing and file your flight plan directly from the app. Print a professional-grade navlog for inflight reference.
Interactive weather layers include animated radar, global satellite and winds aloft, graphical AIR/SIGMETs, flight category, visibility, and more. View decoded METARs, TAFs, and MOS forecasts. Thoughtfully organized Imagery view puts a full range of forecast tools at your fingertips.
PLATES, CHARTS, & MAPS
Both VFR and IFR operations are covered with all of the essentials required for planning and navigation: data-driven Aeronautical Maps, VFR Sectionals, High/Low Enroute charts, SIDs, STARs, approach and taxi charts, and terrain, satellite, and street map views.
GEO-REFERENCED APPROACHES & TAXI CHARTS
Plates and taxi charts enable the real time display of your GPS location on the chart. They can also be overlaid on the Maps view along with weather and hazards.
GLOBAL HAZARD AWARENESS TECHNOLOGY
Plan and fly with more confidence in all conditions and terrain. ForeFlight’s top-down-view Hazard Advisor map layer, Terrain Profile View, and 3D Synthetic Vision seamlessly integrate into the map display to depict a clear picture of terrain and obstacle hazards anywhere in the world. When paired with an AHRS source, Synthetic Vision provides a backup attitude display.
Logbook is seamlessly integrated into the ForeFlight app, making it easy to log and share flights, track hours, review currency, record certificates and ratings, receive electronic instructor endorsements, and create experience reports. Your data is automatically synced across all your devices and protected in ForeFlight’s secure cloud storage.
ADDITIONAL INTEGRATED FEATURES INCLUDE:
• Airport & FBO Information for Thousands of Locations
• Weight & Balance
• Glide Advisor
• Built-in Documents Catalog
• Optional Cloud Documents via linking to Dropbox, Amazon S3, or Box
• Expected route flight notifications
• Over-the-air data updates
ForeFlight Mobile / Changelog / What's New in v9.3.1
- Bug fixes and improved stability
- Plan Faster with Graphical Route Advisor and Graphical Route Preview
- Preview all route options visually on an interactive map with Route Advisor. Simply tap through the list to highlight each route on the map, then tap “Select Route” to add it to your flight plan.
- Interactive Route Preview map in the Flights view provides a quick visual reference of your route, showing the departure and destination airports overlaid on a simple basemap.
- Flight Notifications
- After filing your flight plan in ForeFlight, you will automatically receive a push notification to your device when Air Traffic Control issues a revised expected route and when adverse weather conditions arise that may affect your flight.
- Access weather alerts in the Messages tab in the Flights view.
- Flight Notifications are available to customers on all ForeFlight plan levels who file flight plans via ForeFlight.
- Performance-based Step Climb Legs in NavLog
- ForeFlight’s performance planning now supports step-climbs. The flight planning engine calculates the highest possible initial altitude, then automatically creates step-climb legs as the aircraft weight decreases.
- Step-climb information is detailed in the printable NavLog, accessible from the Flights view by tapping the NavLog button.
- Available for Performance Plus, Business Performance, and MFB Performance plans.
- Flight Planning Workflow Enhancements
- The Add Next Flight button in the Flights view makes it faster and easier to plan multi-leg flights by carrying forward departure, aircraft details, payload, fuel policy, and more
- Export your flight plan in the official ICAO format and print, email, share via AirDrop, or save a copy in ForeFlight Documents
- Faster, Sharper, Data-driven Basemap
- The ForeFlight map engine has a significantly upgraded basemap, which now renders more quickly, smoothly, and with sharper depiction of features such as major roads, railways, national parks, and state and national boundaries.
- Shaded Terrain Display
- A new Shaded Terrain option is available which uses grayscale shading to depict terrain, providing the same level of detail as the Colored Terrain option with less visual distraction.
- In the Map Settings menu, choose from multiple presentations: Colored, Shaded, or Off.
- Scheduled Flight Search
- Enter a tail number, aircraft call sign, or flight number into the Maps view search box to see recently filed flight plans.
- Filed flight plans are displayed for aircraft that are either currently enroute or depart in the next 24 hours. Simply tap on a result to load the route into the Flight Plan Editor.
- Great for commercial pilots who want to quickly load an upcoming flight, or for passengers who want to follow along in the air!
- Better Logbook Workflow with Add Next Entry Button
- Quickly add a follow-up entry for any existing flight in your logbook
- The Add Next Entry button uses the same aircraft as the previous flight and auto-fills the departure airport and Hobbs/Tach time based on the details of the previous flight
- Time Slider Control on Radar, Satellite Layers
- Choose between automatic or manual animation on all Radar and Satellite weather map layers
- Tap-hold on the Time Slider and drag left or right to move between frames, or tap on the line to the left or right of the slider marker to advance it one frame at a time in either direction
- SiriusXM SXAR1 Turbulence, Icing, and Surface Analysis Weather Layers
- For customers flying with the SiriusXM SXAR1 aviation receiver, you will now see Icing, Turbulence, and Surface Analysis layers as part of your SiriusXM Pilot for ForeFlight subscription
- Quickly scrub between altitudes using the altitude slider on Icing and Turbulence layers
- Updates to ForeFlight on the web
- Improved detailed NavLog interface that expands for better viewing and also syncs between web and mobile
- New Add Next Flight button improves multi-leg flight planning
- Faster radar loading