Things 3 3.7.2 for iPhone
Productivity App on iOS
Things 3 App / Specifications
- • Price: $9.99
- • In-app purchases: None
- • Content rating: Rated 4+
- • Requires: iOS 10.0 or later
- • Device compatibility: iPhone
- • Rating average
- 5 out of 5
- • Rating users
- • Total downloads
- • Current version downloads
- • Updated: September 24, 2018
Things 3 / Screenshots on iPhone
Things 3 / Description
*** APPLE DESIGN AWARD WINNER 2017 ***
Meet the all-new Things! A complete rethinking of the original, award-winning task manager – with a perfect balance between simplicity and power, incredible new features, delightful interactions, and a timeless new design.
HERE'S HOW THINGS WORKS
If you're new to Things, this is the basic workflow:
1. Collect Your Thoughts
Get things off your mind quickly with Things’ action extension – it lets you create to-dos from other apps. Or just talk to Siri on any device (“Remind me to...”) and import from Reminders.
2. Get Organized
Create a project for each of your goals, then add the steps to reach them. For clarity, add structure with headings. Then group your projects by areas of responsibility, such as “Family”, “Work”, or “Health”. Review these regularly to stay on top of things.
3. Plan Your Time
See your calendar events alongside your to-dos and plan your time effectively. Create repeating to-dos for things you do every few days, weeks, or months – Things will remind you on the right day.
4. Make the Most of Your Day
Every morning, grab a coffee and prepare your list for “Today”: review previously planned to-dos and make quick decisions on what to tackle. Pick some more steps from your projects and then get going. The Today list is the only place you’ll need to look for the rest of the day.
5. Customize Your Workflow
Use tags to categorize your to-dos or add context. For example, tag places like “Office” or “Home”, or tag all your “Errands”, or everything you’re working on with “Kate”. You can easily find everything you’ve tagged via filtering or search.
HERE'S WHY WE THINK YOU'LL LOVE THINGS
1. It stays out of your way.
As you start using Things, you’ll quickly notice how seamlessly all the features fit together to give you an uncluttered, focused experience. There are no unnecessary frills. No pointless gimmicks or useless controls. In fact, you’ll hardly notice the app – it’s just you and your to-dos.
2. Everything revolves around your to-dos.
In Things, each of your to-dos are special. In a list, they simply show a checkbox and the title of your to-do. But when you open them, they extend into a beautiful white piece of paper that’s ready to hold your thoughts. Additional details (checklists, tags, reminders, deadline) are nicely tucked away in the corner until you need them.
3. It’s got a touch of magic.
Things removes friction in magical ways. Take the new Magic Plus Button that lets you insert to-dos at any place in a list – simply via drag and drop. Or the ease at which you can multi-select and operate on many to-dos at once. Or the natural language date parser: just type “tomorrow”, “in 4 days", or “next Wednesday", and it will jump to all the right conclusions.
4. It’s got all the power of iOS.
Things is fully integrated with all the latest iOS technologies: Apple Watch, Calendars, Siri & Reminders, Today Widget, Quick Actions, Action Extension, Handoff, and Notifications.
5. And much more...
Everyone's got their favorite feature, it's impossible to list them all. See what our users love about Things – visit our website at: thingsapp.com
This is a truly incredible update, with dozens of powerful new features. See the “What’s New” section below for a full list.
THINGS FOR ALL YOUR DEVICES
Get Things for Mac and iPad to enjoy the full power of Things across your devices (sold separately). The apps all stay updated via Things Cloud – the push sync service that we custom-built for Things.
If you have any questions, or run into any trouble – please contact us. We provide world-class, professional support for Things, and we’ll be glad to help you.
Things 3 / Changelog / What's New in v3.7.2
- Things 3.7 is packed with great new features for iOS 12 and watchOS 5 – including support for Siri Shortcuts, the Siri watch face and new watch, Dynamic Notifications, Password AutoFill, and Landscape Mode for iPhone.
- SIRI SHORTCUTS
- On iOS 12, you can use the new Siri Shortcuts feature. Siri will determine common actions you perform inside of Things and suggest them as shortcuts on your Lock screen, like “Show Today” or “Add To-Do”.
- But you can also build your own shortcuts in Things’ settings and record a voice trigger for them. Here are a few examples of what shortcuts can do:
- Build your own Quick Entry
- Record shortcuts for different things you enter often, like Errands or Movies you want to watch. Every time you invoke these shortcuts (e.g. “Hey Siri, add an errand”), Things opens to reveal a new to-do, with all the relevant details pre-filled, like tags, the list it should go to, etc. – all that’s left for you to do is enter the title and hit save.
- Ready-made to-dos
- Create shortcuts for adding to-dos that are always exactly the same, like a packing list, or your favorite recipe. When you invoke the shortcut, Things adds it in the background.
- Quick access to lists
- Record shortcuts to open particular lists, like Today, Upcoming, a project you’re working on, your Work area, and so on. You can also specify a tag that the list should be filtered by when it opens.
- Build Workflows
- Any shortcut can also be used in Apple’s new Shortcuts app, which allows you to combine multiple shortcuts from different apps into one workflow.
- DYNAMIC NOTIFICATIONS
- When you get a notification, tap the Snooze button and you’ll notice that you now have granular control over the duration of the snooze: 10 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 hour.
- PASSWORD AUTOFILL
- Things supports iOS 12’s new Password AutoFill feature. It creates a strong password for you, keeps it safe, and automatically enters it for you when you log in on a new device. All of this now works with Things Cloud.
- APPLE WATCH
- We’ve added full support for watchOS 5. You’ll notice Things now appears on the Siri watch face; it shows the next to-do from your Today list, and how many to-dos are left for the day. We’ve built four great new complications for the new Infograph watch faces.
- LANDSCAPE MODE
- Things now supports landscape mode on the iPhone :)
- For more information about Things 3.7 check our blog (thingsapp.com). We hope you enjoy these new features!
- —New in Things 3.7.2 ——
- Fixed a crash in specific cases related to Siri integration.
- Fixed selection issues in the When dialog.
- Fixed the search URL command not working properly when the app isn’t running.
- Fixed an issue where you could have a dragged to-do “stuck” on screen in specific situations.
- Fixed an issue where tapping “OK” in a task list would scroll to reveal the current selection.
- Fixed an issue where to-dos would collapse when attempting to reorder checklist items.
- Fixed some localization issues.