FiLMiC Pro for iPhone and iPad
Also FiLMiC Pro is included in the following collections:
More About FiLMiC Pro
A multi-time iOS Video Camera App of the Year, FiLMiC Pro has been used in more high profile video projects by award winning directors than any other video app:
Unsane & High Flying Bird by Steven Soderbergh
Tangerine by Sean Baker
Detour by Michel Gondry
Snow Steam Iron by Zack Snyder
Three Minutes by Peter Chan
Olivia Wilde - No Love Like Yours
Claude Lelouch - The Best Years of a Life (Premiere Cannes 2019)
FiLMiC Pro provides filmmakers, newscasters, teachers, vloggers, artists and musicians with the capability to shoot in a true LOG gamma curve (included in the Cinematographer Kit optional in-app purchase). LOG V2 allows for greater tonal range and flexibility in post production by expanding dynamic range by up to 2.5 extra stops and setting the iPhone’s capabilities on par with camera equipment such as dslr costing thousands more. †
v6 Banner Features:
•Dual arc slider controls for manual focus and exposure adjustments.
•Live analytics suite including Zebra Stripes, Clipping, False Color and Focus Peaking. (A8 processor or newer required).
• Ramped zoom rocker control.
• Waveform monitor including tri-mode histogram.
• White balance adjustment matrix with predefined and custom presets.
• Content Management System for project file naming.
• FiLMiC Sync integration to store preset data in the cloud and share between devices.
• Batch upload to supported share targets.
• Gamma curve controls for Natural, Dynamic, Flat and LOGv2. †
• Live shadow and highlight adjustments. †
• Live RGB, saturation and vibrance adjustments. †
(† Available as an optional purchase for iPhones with an A9 or newer processor and iPads with an A10X or newer processor. Limited to 30fps at 4k and 60fps at 1080p)
• Standard, manual and hybrid shooting modes. A shooting style for any skill level.
• Apple Watch support for remote start/stop and live video preview.
• Vertical and landscape shooting orientations.
• Variable speed zoom.
• Sync audio frame rates of 24, 25, 30, 48 50 and 60 fps.
• High speed frame rates of 60,120, 240 fps (hardware dependent).
• Slow and fast motion FX.
• Configurable time lapse recording.
• Tri-mode histogram, including waveform monitor. (A7 processor devices and newer)
• Downsampling to multiple size/resolutions.
• Customizable saved shooting presets.
• Aspect ratio framing guide overlays.
• Thirds guide for composition.
• Image stabilization.
• Support for FiLMiC Remote. FiLMiC Remote allows you to control an iOS device running FiLMiC Pro with a second device running FiLMiC Remote.
Full manual controls with pull capabilities for:
Up to a dozen different resolutions and aspect ratios including:
• HD Widescreen (16:9)
• Super 35 (2.39:1)
• Letterbox (2.20:1)
• Digital Cinema Initiative (17:9)
• Standard Definition (4:3)
• Ultra Panavision (2.76:1)
• Square (1:1)
Share your video through any iOS share-capable apps like: Facebook, DropBox, SanDisk iXpand, FTP
4 Flexible encoding options to balance between quality and file size:
• FiLMiC Extreme (offers up to 140Mbps encoding at 4K on latest gen devices)
• FiLMiC Quality
• Apple Standard
3rd Party Hardware Support:
• Moondog Labs Anamorphic Lens (2.40:1)
• 35mm lens adapters
• Horizontal image flip
• Zhiyun Smooth 4 gimbal
•Movi Cinema Robot gimbal
• WD Wireless Passport Pro
• DJI OSMO Mobile 1 & 2 gimbals
Advanced Audio Features:
• Multiple audio formats: AAC, AIFF or PCM
• 44.1 * 48kHz sample rates
• Headphone monitoring
• Dynamic audio meter
• Adjustable input gain
• Support for external microphone levels
***Not all features available on older devices.
What's New in FiLMiC Pro 7.1 >
Welcome to our v7.1 feature release! This update includes three new features:
— QR Code Preset Sharing —
You can now share your presets quickly via a QR code. Simply open ‘Settings’ > ‘Presets’, and tap the three dots next to the preset you wish to share, and select ‘Share’. This will generate a QR code (internet connection required) that can be scanned using your native camera app or third-party QR code reader app of choice from a second device, and instantly loaded in Filmic Pro.
— Keyboard Support —
Filmic Pro can now be controlled via a wireless or wired keyboard. Enable ‘Keyboard Control’ under ‘Settings’ > ‘Hardware’ menu. Perform key functionality like locking and unlocking your reticles; progress through shooting modes; enable live analytics; and perform manual focus and exposure moves using a keyboard. A full overview of available commands can be found by tapping the info button located next to the Keyboard Control option under the settings menu.
— Pull to Point Quick Action Modals for Focus and Zoom (QAMs) —
Automating focus and zoom moves has never been easier thanks to our all new pull to point quick action modals that are available for both focus and zoom. Quickly set your A and B points, and choose from one of nine available speed presets for the perfect rack focus or zoom move. To access the pull to point QAMs, just tap the focus or zoom value read out located directly next to the focus or zoom manual slider.
— Oh, and there are lots of minor bug fixes and performance optimisations included too! —
As always we really hope you enjoy this update. If you have any questions you can contact us by writing to email@example.com — and if you enjoy filming with Filmic Pro please leave us a positive review on the App Store.