FiLMiC Pro for iPhone and iPad
Also FiLMiC Pro is included in the following collections:
More About FiLMiC Pro
A multi-time iOS Video Camera App of the Year, FiLMiC Pro has been used in more high profile video projects by award winning directors than any other video app:
Unsane & High Flying Bird by Steven Soderbergh
Tangerine by Sean Baker
Detour by Michel Gondry
Snow Steam Iron by Zack Snyder
Three Minutes by Peter Chan
Olivia Wilde - No Love Like Yours
Claude Lelouch - The Best Years of a Life (Premiere Cannes 2019)
FiLMiC Pro provides filmmakers, newscasters, teachers, vloggers, artists and musicians with the capability to shoot in a true LOG gamma curve (included in the Cinematographer Kit optional in-app purchase). LOG V2 allows for greater tonal range and flexibility in post production by expanding dynamic range by up to 2.5 extra stops and setting the iPhone’s capabilities on par with camera equipment such as dslr costing thousands more. †
v6 Banner Features:
•Dual arc slider controls for manual focus and exposure adjustments.
•Live analytics suite including Zebra Stripes, Clipping, False Color and Focus Peaking. (A8 processor or newer required).
• Ramped zoom rocker control.
• Waveform monitor including tri-mode histogram.
• White balance adjustment matrix with predefined and custom presets.
• Content Management System for project file naming.
• FiLMiC Sync integration to store preset data in the cloud and share between devices.
• Batch upload to supported share targets.
• Gamma curve controls for Natural, Dynamic, Flat and LOGv2. †
• Live shadow and highlight adjustments. †
• Live RGB, saturation and vibrance adjustments. †
(† Available as an optional purchase for iPhones with an A9 or newer processor and iPads with an A10X or newer processor. Limited to 30fps at 4k and 60fps at 1080p)
• Standard, manual and hybrid shooting modes. A shooting style for any skill level.
• Apple Watch support for remote start/stop and live video preview.
• Vertical and landscape shooting orientations.
• Variable speed zoom.
• Sync audio frame rates of 24, 25, 30, 48 50 and 60 fps.
• High speed frame rates of 60,120, 240 fps (hardware dependent).
• Slow and fast motion FX.
• Configurable time lapse recording.
• Tri-mode histogram, including waveform monitor. (A7 processor devices and newer)
• Downsampling to multiple size/resolutions.
• Customizable saved shooting presets.
• Aspect ratio framing guide overlays.
• Thirds guide for composition.
• Image stabilization.
• Support for FiLMiC Remote. FiLMiC Remote allows you to control an iOS device running FiLMiC Pro with a second device running FiLMiC Remote.
Full manual controls with pull capabilities for:
Up to a dozen different resolutions and aspect ratios including:
• HD Widescreen (16:9)
• Super 35 (2.39:1)
• Letterbox (2.20:1)
• Digital Cinema Initiative (17:9)
• Standard Definition (4:3)
• Ultra Panavision (2.76:1)
• Square (1:1)
Share your video through any iOS share-capable apps like: Facebook, DropBox, SanDisk iXpand, FTP
4 Flexible encoding options to balance between quality and file size:
• FiLMiC Extreme (offers up to 140Mbps encoding at 4K on latest gen devices)
• FiLMiC Quality
• Apple Standard
3rd Party Hardware Support:
• Moondog Labs Anamorphic Lens (2.40:1)
• 35mm lens adapters
• Horizontal image flip
• Zhiyun Smooth 4 gimbal
•Movi Cinema Robot gimbal
• WD Wireless Passport Pro
• DJI OSMO Mobile 1 & 2 gimbals
Advanced Audio Features:
• Multiple audio formats: AAC, AIFF or PCM
• 44.1 * 48kHz sample rates
• Headphone monitoring
• Dynamic audio meter
• Adjustable input gain
• Support for external microphone levels
***Not all features available on older devices.
What's New in FiLMiC Pro 6.19.6 >
v6.19.6 includes library bug fixes and general maintenance.
As always we really hope you enjoy this update. If you have any questions you can contact us by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org — and if you enjoy filming with FiLMiC Pro please leave us a positive review on the App Store.
- - - - - - - - -
Previously added in v6.19.2 of FiLMiC Pro:
— Support for ProRes 4K 60fps
While the iPhone 13 pro series do not actually support true ProRes 60fps at 4K, it can be approximated by using a lower quality chroma subsample scheme (4:2:0 vs 4:2:2). We want to be upfront about how this is actually achieved, so the first time you select a frame rate in ProRes above 30fps, you’ll get an info alert with some information. But despite the inferior chrome subsample scheme required above 30fps in ProRes, we now deliver some eye-watering file sizes perfect for slow motion retiming in post.
— New Tone Mapping options:
Unfortunately you can’t turn it off, but you can switch between two types of tone mapping: Global Tone Mapping (GTM) and Local Tone Mapping (LTM). Tone Mapping is available under the Settings > Resolution panel. You’ll find it if you scroll down past your bitrate quality. GTM opportunistically lifts shadows and crompesses highlights to approximate higher dynamic range video. LTM works much like GTM, but instead of acting on the entire image, acts on local tiles or ‘pixel neighborhoods’ for more aggressive results.
— Support for Video HDR:
You can now enable Video HDR in FiLMiC Pro for enhanced dynamic range under some shooting conditions. We employ Apple’s multi-exposure image stacking technique to expand shadow detail and make highlights less susceptible to clipping. You’ll find Video HDR if you scroll down past your bitrate quality under Settings > Resolution. It is available in 8-bit and ProRes capture formats.
— Creator Survey:
Want to help shape the future of FiLMiC Pro and create an even better app? Then take our creator survey which is included in part of this release! A few minutes of your time will help to inform the future of the most powerful mobile cinema camera on a smartphone.
— Improvements to White Balance:
Now the white balance matrix panel and the white balance temperature values displayed in the lower left of the interface on wide aspect devices are correctly in sync. Custom white balance is correctly applied between launches now, and even saved and loaded from your custom presets.
— Improvements to Clip Selection Logic in Library
Now, after deleting selected clips, we automatically take you out of clip select mode.
— If you start a recording with your audio gain set to zero, we now alert you via a system alert that your clip will not contain audio. You can ignore and never be prompted again, or continue to be alerted if clips are without sound.