Scan 2.8 for iPhone and iPad
Utilities App on iOS
Scan is the fastest and most user-friendly QR reader and barcode scanner available. If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod came with a built-in scanner, this would be it.HOW THE APP WORKSTo ... Read More > or Install Now >
Scan App / Specifications
- • Price: $0.99
- • In-app purchases: None
- • Content rating: Rated 4+
- • Requires: iOS 9.0 or later
- • Device compatibility: iPhone and iPad
- • Rating average
- 4 out of 5
- • Rating users
- • Total downloads
- • Current version downloads
- • Updated: February 6, 2018
More About Scan App
HOW THE APP WORKS
To scan a QR code or barcode simply open the app, point the camera at the code, and you’re done! There is no need to take a photo or press a button. Scan will automatically recognize any code your camera is pointing at.
When scanning a QR code, if the code contains a website URL, you will automatically be taken to the site. If the code just contains text, you'll immediately see it. For other formats such as phone numbers, email addresses, or contact info, you will be prompted to take the appropriate action.
Scan recognizes all of the popular barcode types (UPC, EAN, and ISBN) and shows you pricing, reviews, and more about any products you scan. Barcode scanning requires a newer phone in order to work reliably. Cameras on older devices do not provide the resolution or focus required for barcode scanning.
• View a history list and map of all of your past scans
• Scan pictures of QR codes and barcodes from your camera roll
• Toggle your front or rear camera for scanning
• Set a default browser to open websites in
• Export your history and email it as a CSV file
• A switch to turn on your device’s light (if it has one) for scanning in low-light circumstances
In order to use Scan, your device must have a built-in camera. When scanning codes that redirect to online content, such as websites, you will need Internet connectivity.
What's New in Scan 2.8
- Updates and bug fixes.