Scrivener App / Specifications
- • Price: $19.99
- • In-app purchases: None
- • Content rating: Rated 4+
- • Requires: iOS 9.0 or later
- • Device compatibility: iPhone and iPad
- • Rating average
- 4.5 out of 5
- • Rating users
- • Total downloads
- • Current version downloads
- • Updated: December 16, 2016
Scrivener / Screenshots on iPhone
Scrivener / Screenshots on iPad
Scrivener / Description
*** Featured in App Store Best of 2016 ***
“The biggest software advance for writers since the word processor.” —Michael Marshall Smith, bestselling author
Typewriter. Ring-binder. Scrapbook. Scrivener combines all the writing tools you need to craft your first draft, from nascent notion to final full stop.
Tailor-made for creating long manuscripts, Scrivener banishes page fright by allowing you to compose your text in any order, in sections as large or small as you like. Got a great idea but don’t know where it fits? Write when inspiration strikes and find its place later. Grow your manuscript organically, idea by idea.
Whether you plan or plunge, Scrivener works your way: meticulously outline every last detail first, or hammer out a complete draft and restructure later. Or do a bit of both. All text sections in Scrivener are fully integrated with its outlining tools, so working with an overview of your manuscript is only ever a tap away, and turning Chapter Four into Chapter One is as simple as drag and drop.
Need to refer to research? In Scrivener, your background material is always at hand. Write a description based on a photograph. Reference a video or PDF. Check for consistency with an earlier chapter. On the iPad, open two documents side-by-side; on the iPhone, flip between research and writing with just two taps.
Once you’re ready to share your work with the world, simply compile everything into a single document for printing, or export to popular formats such as Word, PDF, Final Draft or plain text. You can even share using different formatting, so that you can write in your favorite font and still keep your editor happy.
• Interactive tutorial project
• Keep each manuscript and supporting materials in a self-contained project
• Import Word, RTF, Final Draft and plain text files
• Easily split imported text into separate sections
• Write your manuscript in sections of any size
• View all sections as a single text using the “Draft Navigator” (iPad only)
• Quickly navigate sections using the “binder” sidebar
• Format with fonts and presets
• Comments, footnotes, links and highlights
• Simple bullets and lists
• Insert images
• Pinch-zoom to resize text
• Full-screen mode (iPad only)
• Typewriter scrolling mode keeps typed text center-screen (iPad only)
• Write a screenplay using scriptwriting mode
• Live word and character counts
• Set word and character count targets
• Find and replace
• Customizable keyboard row provides quick-access buttons for formatting, navigation and punctuation
• Comprehensive keyboard shortcuts for external keyboard users
Find Your Structure
• Write in any order and reorganize later
• Write a synopsis for any text section and see it in the outline
• Expand, collapse and drill down into sections of your project
• Rearrange sections as index cards on the corkboard (iPad only)
• Project-wide search
• Track ideas using labels and status
• Apply custom icons to your sections
Refer to Research
• Import research material such as image, PDF and media flies
• View research files or other sections right alongside your writing (iPad only)
• Every section has its own notes area for jotting down ideas
• Supports multi-tasking split screen mode (supported devices only)
Share Your Work
• Compile to a single document for sharing or printing
• Use different formatting in your exported or printed document
• Export to Word, RTF, Final Draft, PDF or plain text
• Convert rich text to Markdown for sharing with Markdown apps
• Create and email zipped backups of your projects
• Use Dropbox to sync between devices and with the macOS and Windows versions of Scrivener*
• Copy projects between devices via iTunes
* Requires a Dropbox account (not compatible with iCloud).
You can contact us at email@example.com, visit our forums at http://www.literatureandlatte.com/forum, or find us @scrivenerapp on Twitter.
Scrivener / Changelog / What's New in v1.0.1
- DOCUMENT TEMPLATES
- Document templates are now supported, allowing for the creation of character and location sheets, for example (see new section in tutorial).
- Web pages can now be imported from the "import" button.
- TEXT EDITING
- Superscript and subscript support added.
- A line break button is now available for the extended keyboard row.
- Cmd-L in the editor will now create a line break.
- Project search now includes label and status names.
- "Replace" now jumps to the next match after a replacement.
- Rich text lists are now converted to Markdown when "Convert to Basic Markdown" is ticked in Compile.
- Applying "Preserve Formatting" (available from extended keyboard row options) to text now excludes that text from having special characters escaped when using "Convert to Basic Markdown".
- Compiling to PDF and printing now uses the full resolution of embedded images.
- Auto-Lock is now disabled while Dropbox is syncing, to prevent timeouts.
- Added an option to Settings app to disable Auto-Lock.
- You can now remove Quick References from the history by swiping on the Quick Reference list in the history popover.
- You can now determine the sort order of the main projects list by entering "Edit" mode and pulling down to reveal sort options.
- Improved iOS 10 support.
- Miscellaneous bug fixes.