Spark Reading for Kids for iPhone and iPad
More About Spark Reading for Kids
Encouraging aspirational reading and deeper understanding. Thousands of satisfied customers have found that the basis of STEM learning is reading comprehension.
Our app inspires daily reading practice and tracks progress through hundreds of stories.
Including the ability to have the passage read and highlighted for the student in case a 1:1 tutor is unavailable.
The app allows the reader to reread and retake the tests without punishment. Teachers and caretakers can review time spent reading and other personalized data.
No information is collected from the device, it is fully secure and COPPA compliant.
Keep track of your students' favorite topics by seeing their reading choices.
"This app helped me in my reading. Now I have an A+. I am very happy I tried this app."
Our Reading Comprehension series was designed for the student and family looking for an advantage in solidifying their reading and understanding skills:
• Start with free original stories for grades 2 through 8
• Choose between fiction and non-fiction content
• Read and test your comprehension with a variety of questions about the selected passages
• No Wi-Fi needed - study anywhere and learn at your own pace
• Each passage and question set takes approximately 5-8 minutes to complete (stories for older grade levels 7-10 minutes)
• Specifically appropriate content chosen at each grade level
• Aligned with CCSS - Common Core State Standards
• Works well in classrooms for independent study time
• Track and export student test results to share their progress
• Increase student reading comprehension and their scores!
All Access Subscription includes:
• hundreds of stories from 2nd grade to 8th grade level
• Ability to create multiple student profiles
• Option to review past scores and results
• Audio for each story to be read out loud
• Highlighting of the words to read along (with audio)
• Cancel anytime, write to us if you have any questions!
Teachers: stories and question sets from this app can be assigned as activities in Apple's Schoolwork app
"I like how it highlights where the answer was in the passage when you pick your answer." - Kami Butterfield, teacher
"The selections are age appropriate and the responses to the questions are not too easy - some thought needs to go into it." - Mary Skummer, teacher
"The feature showing where the answer is located in the passage is a spot on tool since I ask my students to be able to provide this in their oral and written responses." - Harold Nelson, teacher
"Great for reading practice - I would highly recommend it."
"These apps are awesome! Our boys absolutely love these. We have done 3rd, 4th & 5th grade comprehension. They love the fun aspect of getting the questions right, and think of these more as games than the learning apps they are."
Current categories include science, sports, history, inventions, food and nutrition, geography, animals, mythology, biographies, and more.
PLUS: one new free story each week!
We love to hear from you!
Please send any feedback or questions to email@example.com
*With practice you can achieve your best score!*
What's New in Spark Reading for Kids 5.6.7 >
New visuals, events, and stories have been added. Plus - enhanced student progress through their learning journey!