Dictionary.com 7.2.21 for iPad
Free Reference App on iOS
Dictionary.com App / Specifications
- • Price: Free
- • In-app purchases: Yes
- • Content rating: Rated 4+
- • Requires: iOS 8.0 or later
- • Device compatibility: iPad
- • Rating average
- 4.4 out of 5
- • Rating users
- • Total downloads
- • Current version downloads
- • Updated: August 20, 2019
More about Dictionary.com
Download the most essential and comprehensive dictionary app for dependable definitions at your fingertips.
Dictionary.com is the leading free English dictionary app for iPad– with over 2,000,000 trusted definitions and synonyms. The app is designed and optimized for your device.
Easily search definitions and synonyms offline. You can access the offline dictionary anytime and anywhere - you do not need an internet connection. Voice search and audio pronunciation requires connection.
In addition to the trusted reference content from Dictionary.com and Thesaurus.com, this app includes:
- Word of the Day – learn a new word each day and expand your vocabulary
- Audio pronunciations – never mispronounce another word
- Voice Searches – conveniently speak to search a word without having to spell it
- Content Collections Carousel includes Word Trends, Grammar Tips, , Slideshows, and Word of the Day
- Quiz widget - test your vocabulary skills (are you prepping for the SAT?) with our Word of the Day quizzes
- Favorite words and search history - customize your recently searched word list and never forget the newest words you’ve learned
- English Spelling help - not sure how a word is spelled? This app will find it for you
- Local look-ups - take a look at the words searched by location
- Learner’s Dictionary - includes extra information about word usage for English learners
Get even more from your app with our Upgrades:
- Remove ads
- Example Sentences
- Idioms and Phrases
- Medical, Science, Rhyming Dictionaries
What's New in Dictionary.com 7.2.21
- Updates. Noun. Something you should keep turned on so you never miss an improvement from Dictionary.com!
- Did you notice the Origin tab is missing? You're right. We still have origins available alongside definitions, but we have removed the tab for now.
- Origin is a noun that can mean the first stage of existence, and we promise we're working on a second stage of the tab that will be even better.
- Speaking of better, we made some fixes that fit the definition to a T.