The Hero Unmasked 1.0.2 for iPhone and iPad
Adventure Game on iOS
The Hero Unmasked App / Specifications
- • Price: $3.99
- • In-app purchases: None
- • Content rating: Rated 12+
- • Requires: iOS 7.0 or later
- • Device compatibility: iPhone and iPad
- • Rating average
- 5 out of 5
- • Rating users
- • Total downloads
- • Current version downloads
- • Updated: July 26, 2017
The Hero Unmasked / Screenshots on iPhone
The Hero Unmasked / Screenshots on iPad
The Hero Unmasked / Description
Impersonate your identical twin as the Swashbuckler, masked champion of justice! You have two weeks to rescue the REAL Swashbuckler and marry the mayor before superpowered criminals take over the city.
The Hero Unmasked is a 300,000 word interactive novel by Christopher Huang. It's entirely text-based, without graphics or sound effects, and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.
As our story begins, you have everything you've ever wanted. Your TV news show is the highest rated in the city, and you're engaged to the mayor, with two weeks until the wedding. But when superpowered criminals kidnap the Swashbuckler, you realize the awful truth: the person in the ransom video is your identical twin, and everyone thinks it's you!
Now, you must draw the Swashbuckler's laser sword and wear the Swashbuckler's mask to bring down three of the city's most wanted super criminals before time runs out.
How is this going to work? Can you keep up the charade? Do you want to? When you meet the Swashbuckler's sweetheart, will you remain faithful? To whom?!
Who is really behind the mask?
• Play as male or female, gay or straight
• Infiltrate high society events and root out criminal hideouts
• Uncover the true identities of Caledon City's superpowered criminals
• Disarm a bomb and save the city's finest from destruction
• Maintain the masquerade as you learn about the Swashbuckler's secret hero life
• Find romance with a journalist, a pyromaniac, or a vampire
• Become a powered hero in your own right
The Hero Unmasked / Changelog / What's New in v1.0.2
- This game has it all: vivid characters, dynamic plot, carefully detailed choices with plenty of replay value, rich worldbuilding. The idea of separate "issues" as chapters was clever, and the epilogue was one of my favorite sequences ever. The romances were much more subtly and realistically written than usual (particularly the choice of sexual orientation there's no clunky screen where you pick your preferred gender, it just weaves itself into the narrative). I also loved that there was an option for asexual characters that continued to influence how the MC viewed other characters without dictating them, instead of either being a throwaway line or putting an end to romance altogether. The only very minor issues I came across were a few instances of railroading, as well as some of the more fantasy-ish elements ringing a little false in the mostly realistic setting. Really, though, the fact that I even noticed these issues showed how immersive and real this world felt most of the time. Simply put, the game made me care about each character and their world, in a way few others have achieved. An excellent achievement.