PlantSnap 2.00.4 for iPhone and iPad
Education App on iOS
PlantSnap App / Specifications
- • Price: $1.99
- • In-app purchases: None
- • Content rating: Rated 4+
- • Requires: iOS 10.0 or later
- • Device compatibility: iPhone and iPad
- • Rating average
- 4.5 out of 5
- • Rating users
- • Total downloads
- • Current version downloads
- • Updated: October 11, 2018
PlantSnap / Screenshots on iPhone
PlantSnap / Screenshots on iPad
PlantSnap / Description
Instantly identify plants of all kinds: flowers, trees, succulents, mushrooms, cacti and more! PlantSnap is the revolutionary plant identification app from Earth.com built to help you instantly identify plants in a snap.
Users on iOS12 can experience instant plant recognition, no framing or snapping required! Simply tap a detected plant on your device for information on the plant in a real-time Augmented Reality view.
PlantSnap now works in every country on Earth and is translated into 30 languages! Our database has been upgraded to over 500,000 species, and the algorithm is now 94% accurate.
Have you ever been on a hike, vacation or simply on an afternoon walk and wondered what species that plant, flower or tree was? Take a picture of the plant and PlantSnap will tell you what it is in seconds using its robust plant database.
With Plantsnap, you can reconnect to the natural world around you and learn about nearby plants, or browse our gallery to discover new and exotic plants all across the globe. Plantsnap also comes with a map of plants nearby to help you get out and explore. Whether you find peace and mindfulness from hiking, or if you are interested in studying nature, Plantsnap has the resources and technology you need.
PlantSnap also comes paired with a seamlessly integrated companion website, allowing you to upload photos from your computer for instant identification or check items from your plant collection.
PlantSnap is powered by deep learning and artificial intelligence, meaning that it actually learns and improves with every image you feed it. Every image you take makes PlantSnap better and adds to the growing Plant Database. Get out there and start PlantSnapping!
Identify Plants with Your Camera
• Instantly learn the name of plants, flowers and trees with a picture!
• Open the PlantSnap app, snap a photo, and watch the PlantSnap Database name the plant in seconds.
Auto-Detect Plants to Identify
• PlantSnap automatically tells you when a plant is framed well
• Tap the screen where the flower is highlighted for the most accurate results
Augmented Reality Plant Identification (requires iOS12)
• Watch amazing Augmented Reality animations over a plant
• View information on a plant through an AR interface
• Our database is global and our results are instantaneous. There are currently 585,000 plant species in our worldwide database
• PlantSnap currently has 90% of all known plant species on Earth in our database, and we continue to train more species into our algorithm every month.
Plant Identification & Learning Algorithms
• Our algorithm is retrained and improved every month using the 200,000+ anonymous images taken by our users every day
• PlantSnap will update automatically for you every time we add a new batch of species, no additional fees required
• Visit my.plantsnap.com with your PlantSnap account
• View your collection from the app on the web
• Add photos to identify from your desktop, then keep track of things on your mobile
Discover the World Around You
• Use the Explore section to view every anonymous photo taken with the PlantSnap app anywhere on the entire planet
• Gamify your hikes with friends and family! Plantsnap lets you build a library of every plant, tree or flower you've snapped. See how many you can collect!
• Get some fresh air and improve your mood! Plantsnap connects the divide between technology and nature.
Download PlantSnap now and start PlantSnapping!
**Be sure to watch our instructional video to get the most accurate results!**
**Please check your email after purchasing for more detailed information.**
We are looking to make Plantsnap better all the time. Please leave your feedback in the app to help Plantsnap grow!
PlantSnap / Changelog / What's New in v2.00.4
- With the launch of iOS 12 we are excited to bring you a fresh new look and a handful of new features:
- Auto-detection of flowers and leaves for seamless recognition (iOS 12 required). No more framing your snaps just tap one of the detected plants and have it identified in the blink of an eye.
- Learn about plants in Augmented Reality!
- Our brand new explore screen, where you can check the map for nearby plants.
- A fully redesigned login/register screen with great improvements to known issues.
- A brand new Inbox where you will see all notifications for the snaps you sent for manual identification.
- The User and More tab are now combined in one, for easier and more intuitive navigation.
- An overall update to the app design.
- And that's all coming with an update to our plant database, which now has over 585,000 species and an update to our identification algorithm, which will now bring you even better results!
- Have fun snapping and let us know what you think at [email protected]