Mindful Powers 1.1.0 for iPhone and iPad
Free Education App on iOS
Mindful Powers App / Specifications
- • Price: Free
- • In-app purchases: Yes
- • Content rating: Rated 4+
- • Requires: iOS 9.0 or later
- • Device compatibility: iPhone and iPad
- • Rating average
- 4.1 out of 5
- • Rating users
- • Total downloads
- • Current version downloads
- • Updated: March 22, 2019
Mindful Powers / Screenshots on iPhone
Mindful Powers / Screenshots on iPad
Mindful Powers / Description
Mindful Powers™ is an award-winning, kid-first, holistic approach to helping young minds learn and practice mindfulness so they can respond more effectively to stressful situations through the power of play. Built on a skills-based approach that helps children in early and middle childhood build a healthier relationship with life, stress, and anxiety, Mindful Powers™ empowers kids to bring calm to their lives at the touch of their fingertips.
Download Mindful Powers™ today to experience the first three Mindful Play lessons for free!
Ideal for kids aged 7 – 10
Mindful Powers™ is designed to be a part of your child’s daily routine. It is simple, easy, and fun to use, so kids can pick it up and use it at any point in their day. The two key features are:
• Mindful Play | voice-guided mindfulness sessions
• Focus Time | a task timer
Through a series of 10 progressive and interactive voice-guided sessions, kids learn how to master the powers of mindfulness – the ability to know and understand what is happening in one’s head at any given moment, without getting carried away by it. Before each lesson, kids sooth their very own Flibbertigibbet™, who is in an agitated state, with the touch of their finger. This sensory-based repetitive interaction triggers the body’s rest and digest response, helping kids relax and regain focus.
The Flibbertigibbet™ self-set timer helps kids set mental parameters around a given task by applying focus time until completion. When the focus timer is on, Mindful Powers™ deters kids from using the device for any other purpose, encouraging them to work towards completing their tasks.
Mindful Powers helps grow the following skills:
• Calmness & relaxation
• Stress & anxiety reduction
• Concentration & focus
• Navigating big emotions
• Getting along with others
“Mindful Powers™ is not a cookie cutter approach to mindfulness. Based on contextual behavioral science and inspired by an approach to therapy called Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, it recognizes that the mindfulness experience is a psychological experience that can be learned in small bits and gradually presented and trained.”
— Dr. Roger Vilardaga, Assistant Professor at Duke University
Mindful Powers Awards:
• GOLD Winner: The Davey Awards, Best Mobile Apps/Site - Health & Wellness
• GOLD Winner: The W3 Awards, Best Mobile Apps/Site - Family & Kids
• Best Learning App: Kidscreen Awards 2019 — Original
• Finalist: 2018 Cynopsis Imagination Awards - Mobile App – K6-11
The content and lessons included in Mindful Powers™ were developed in consultation with Dr. Roger Vilardaga, a Clinical Psychologist and Assistant Professor at Duke University’s Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
*Mindful Powers™ is not intended to clinically treat kids with behavioral and/or emotional challenges.
Please note, In-App Purchases are not included in Family Sharing. If you have the app installed on multiple devices, you will need to be signed into iTunes using the account that made the initial purchase in order for your Story Pack In-App Purchases to carry over. You also have the option of downloading the paid version: Mindful Powers™ edu, which is compatible with Family Sharing (and does not have IAP).
Mindful Powers / Changelog / What's New in v1.1.0
- Flibbertigibbet has been working hard to improve the Mindful Powers App! With this update we've added a new feature; you can now pick different smoothing settings for Flibbertigibbet. If the current setting feels like there's too many spiky bumps to smooth-out, head over to the settings section of the app and select the "No extra bumpy spikes" option for a more relaxing smoothing experience. The app now supports newer iPhone screens and our new privacy update is Flibbertigibbet's way of showing you how much your satisfaction matters to us. Flibbertigibbet has been hard at work fixing minor bugs.