Notability 9.0.5 for iPhone and iPad
Productivity App on iOS
Notability App / Specifications
- • Price: $9.99
- • In-app purchases: Yes
- • Content rating: Rated 4+
- • Requires: iOS 11.0 or later
- • Device compatibility: iPhone and iPad
- • Rating average
- 4.6 out of 5
- • Rating users
- • Total downloads
- • Current version downloads
- • Updated: July 16, 2019
Notability / Screenshots on iPhone
Notability / Screenshots on iPad
Notability / Description
Welcome to Notability: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and PDF annotation.
Apple Editors' Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac! Top selling paid app on iPad App Store, regularly ranked #1.
Students, teachers, and business professionals use Notability daily to enrich their lives. It is uniquely designed for each device to provide the best note-taking experience at school, home, and work.
STREAMLINE YOUR WORKFLOW
• Become fully paper-free, in the classroom, office, and at home.
• Complete, sign, and share documents in Notability.
• Drag and Drop to move files, text, photos, GIFs, web pages, and more from other apps into Notability with Multitasking.
• Secure and lock your notes using Face ID and Touch ID.
HANDWRITE AND SKETCH WITH BEAUTIFUL INK
• Fully express your artistic side with custom colors and match any color with the color dropper.
• Easily create perfect shapes.
• Precisely erase freehand ink or shapes with varied brush sizes.
• Ink is fine-tuned for 1st and 2nd generation Apple Pencil for the most responsive, precise writing experience yet, including double-tap gesture for switching tools, erasing, and more.
SEARCH AND CONVERT HANDWRITTEN NOTES
• Search for handwritten words from the Library and in the note view in any of our 15 supported languages.
• Convert handwriting to text.
• It all happens on your device, so your information stays private.
SAVE TIME WITH MULTI-NOTE
• Multi-Note lets you work with two notes side-by-side.
• Quickly switch between notes with the Note Switcher.
• Drag & Drop handwriting, typed text, images, and more between notes.
• Notability includes full-featured, left-aligned typing with word count and a wide range of fonts, sizes, and colors.
• Create outlines, interactive checklists, and text boxes.
• Save time with keyboard shortcuts.
IMPORT AND SHARE
• Import PDFs, DOCs, PPTs, images, GIFs, and more - conversion to PDF happens on your device, so your information stays private.
• Annotate imported pictures, lecture slides, and meeting agendas, or complete class assignments.
• Share notes via email, AirDrop, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, OneDrive, and more, or share note content to other apps with Drag and Drop.
RECORD AND PLAYBACK AUDIO
• Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
• Notes are automatically synced with audio recordings so during playback you can listen to what was happening as you wrote.
AUTO-BACKUP AND ICLOUD SYNC
• Use iCloud to automatically sync your notes to Notability on iPad, iPhone, and Mac, or to retrieve previous versions of your notes.
• Use Auto-backup to send your notes to a cloud service for archiving or recovery. Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, WebDAV, and OneDrive are all supported!
Mac app sold separately.
Notability is a registered trademark of Ginger Labs, Inc.
Notability / Changelog / What's New in v9.0.5
- Bug fixes in 9.0.5
- Fixed an issue where some notes would hang on load
- Improved scrolling while moving images and ink
- Bug fixes in 9.0.4
- Fixed a problem recognizing handwritten text in some languages
- Added a warning when linking Notability to an unsecured WebDAV server
- Fixed an issue importing Google Drive documents
- Fixed a problem where ink could disappear unless content is scrolled
- Bug fixes in 9.0.2
- Improved support for local WebDAV servers
- Deleting pages is now faster
- Improved performance for notes with a lot of images and handwriting.
- Images now can be resized to the full page width
- Browsing files from cloud services is now more reliable
- Fixed an issue involving ink duplication after image movement
- Fixed a problem with images outside of the canvas corrupting notes
- Fixed a crash in left-handed mode editing captions
- Added auto-scroll when moving media upward in left-handed mode
- Other miscellaneous bug fixes and improvements
- What’s new in Notability 9.0
- This is an exciting update for Notability! We’ve added powerful new features: Shapes, Partial Eraser, and improved image control.
- Draw a shape, hold the stroke for a moment, then watch as it snaps perfectly into place!
- Shapes can be styled and manipulated like regular handwriting.
- Create circles, ellipses, triangles, squares, rectangles, hexagons, and irregular shapes.
- Partial Erase
- Precisely erase any ink in a variety of eraser sizes, including shapes!
- Partial erase supports both freehand erasing and perfect shape erasing.
- Once a stroke is separated, it behaves exactly like regular handwriting.
- Additional Improvements
- Rotate and crop images easily with a new, streamlined interface.
- New Dot Paper in four sizes.