Editors' Words: Arabic Letters Recognition and Alphabet Learning for Kids. Alif Baa - Teach your kids the Arabic alphabet whilst keeping them entertained with this exciting ga ... Read More > or Install Now >
Alif Baa App / Specifications
- • Price: $1.99
- • In-app purchases: None
- • Content rating: Rated 4+
- • Requires: iOS 8.0 or later
- • Device compatibility: iPhone and iPad
- • Rating average
- 0 out of 5
- • Rating users
- • Total downloads
- • Current version downloads
- • Updated: December 22, 2016
Alif Baa / Screenshots on iPhone
Alif Baa / Screenshots on iPad
Alif Baa / Description
Alif Baa - Teach your kids the Arabic alphabet whilst keeping them entertained with this exciting game. Alif Baa is the best way to learn the Arabic Alphabet. The app uses a series of captivating games to help children learn the Arabic alphabet in a fun and easy way. Children journey through the game whilst completing a variety of exercises which can be time tracked and scored. Learning pace is tailored to individual children of all ages.
Four great games to develop your child's skills:
- Flashcards: Letter recognition exercises: Each Arabic letter is displayed on a card, the card is flipped by tapping to reveal an animal starting with the letter. The voice announces the animal and the letter in Arabic. Transliteration from English to Arabic is also presented. Letters can be randomized using app settings.
-Identification: to test knowledge of letters learnt in flashcards: a variety of letters are displayed and voice over request a specific letter to be touched, if an incorrect letter is selected the app will prompt with a buzzer sound, if the right letter is touched an animal starting with that letter is displayed. Get through all 30 letters in the quickest time and enter your score online to be entered into a free monthly prize draw. Randomize the letter or hide the hint to vary game difficulty
-Sequencing: The Arabic alphabet is jumbled, the task is to arrange all the letters in the correct sequence. Use the app settings to enable scoring to compete with family and friends., Get through all 30 letters in the quickest time and enter your score online to be entered into a free monthly prize draw.
- Tracing to practice handwriting: Choose the entire alphabet, or a select few letters to spell your name or an object, this handwriting game allows you to practice your Arabic handwriting like no other app, each letter is displayed in full screen format with dotted lines to guide you through writing the letter. After each letter is drawn they are placed on a blackboard. Get through all the letters to unlock the winning trophy.
What makes Alif Baa Unique?
- Universal app playing natively on IPhone, IPad, iPod Touch, no other Arabic app brings a variety of teaching method under a single app
- Excellent Value for price, doesn’t require additional in app spending
- Doesn’t expose kids to external services or advertises, Protected settings functionality
- Assess progress and proficiency, enabled via settings
- Variety of settings to enable:
- letter randomization
- hints enablement/disablement
- progress tracking
- Leaderboards, see how you compare against the competition
- Color Picker, change the color of the alphabets through all 4 games to make the app unique to your child
What People Are Saying?
“Alif Baa is an awesome app, harnessing a variety of teaching methods and delivering it through a single app. I am relieved to know that my kids can be engrossed in playing and learning with this app whilst I get some respite".
“My children really enjoy the handwriting app, they have started writing their names in Arabic and are moving on to write animals (with little guidance) overall an excellent app, a recommended download for all parents".
Connect with us to suggest a feature or report a bug on the web: http://www.alifbaa.co.uk
Facebook Instagram and Twitter: #Alifbaa
Alif Baa / Changelog / What's New in v1.3
- We have changed Alif Baa to make game play more satisfying, here's how:
- Performance enhancement to tiling and handwriting games (game 3 and 4)
- Improvements to letter positioning and load times