New York Times Crossword 3.0.1 for iPhone and iPad
Free Word Game on iOS
New York Times Crossword App / Specifications
- • Price: Free
- • In-app purchases: Yes
- • Content rating: Rated 4+
- • Requires: iOS 11.0 or later
- • Device compatibility: iPhone and iPad
- • Rating average
- 4.9 out of 5
- • Rating users
- • Total downloads
- • Current version downloads
- • Updated: July 16, 2019
New York Times Crossword / Screenshots on iPhone
New York Times Crossword / Screenshots on iPad
New York Times Crossword / Description
The best crossword in the world is better than ever! Enjoy the same puzzles printed in the daily newspaper in the crossword app built by The New York Times.
Start playing with unlimited access to the daily puzzles for seven days. After that, subscribe for full access to The Crossword on iOS and at NYTimes.com.
The Crossword subscription gives you access to The Crossword in the app and on NYTimes.com. Just connect or create an account and play anywhere. Your puzzles will be available in the app and on the web.
This is the same puzzle that’s printed every day in The New York Times newspaper. Each daily puzzle is available the evening before at 10 p.m. E.T. (6 p.m. E.T. on weekends); enjoy Tuesday’s puzzle on Monday at 10 p.m. Practice and learn how to solve the puzzle on Monday or Tuesday, or challenge yourself with even more challenging puzzles later in the week.
Mini Puzzles are short, sweet and available every day without a subscription! Get a quick crossword fix when you don't have time for a daily puzzle.
Download these themed puzzles and add them to your collection. The first puzzle in each pack is free to try. Check back for new packs!
Subscribers can also play over 20 years of classic puzzles from our archives.
MODERN PUZZLE FEATURES
Solve puzzles with tricks like rebuses, related clues, checking, revealing and more!
Solve the daily Mini and compare your time with your friends.
Subscription options include an annual subscription at $39.99 per year and a monthly subscription at $6.99 per month. This amount will be charged to your iTunes account if purchased within the app. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of its term unless you cancel it at least 24 hours before expiration. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings.
Questions? Suggestions? Issues? Please contact us at NYTCrossword@NYTimes.com or from within the app itself. Your feedback is important to us and we’ll do our best to assist you.
Please note: A subscription to The New York Times Crossword does not include access to any other New York Times products, including but not limited to NYTimes.com or mobile news content, e-reader additions, Times Premier, NYT Now, or other apps on non-iOS devices. No cancellations are allowed during active subscription period.
New York Times Crossword / Changelog / What's New in v3.0.1
- Want to compete amongst friends around the Mini? We’ve launched personal Mini leaderboards which you can get to from the navigation tabs at the bottom of the app. These are personalleaderboards, so the only people you will see on your leaderboard are people you’ve friended. You can have up to 25 people on your leaderboard, in addition to yourself. This feature requires you to create a New York Times account. For the initial release, you can only see the leaderboard for the currently live Mini puzzle.
- We’ve also updated the “Recent Puzzles” to be part of the Play tab and to highlight the most recent puzzles you have not completed yet. To see any puzzle you’ve recently played, you can tap through to see the view you’ve had traditionally.
- 3.0.1 fixes our top three crashers. Happy solving!
- Timed competition stress you out? As former puzzle editor Will Weng noted upon retirement in 1977, “It’s your puzzle and you can do it any way you please!” Quick tips for a more relaxing solve: Go to settings to turn off the timer and use Autocheck (tap the life preserver).