Hopster Coding Safari for Kids 3.2.12 for iPhone and iPad
Free Education App on iOS
Hopster Coding Safari for Kids App / Specifications
- • Price: Free
- • In-app purchases: Yes
- • Content rating: Rated 4+
- • Requires: iOS 8.0 or later
- • Device compatibility: iPhone and iPad
- • Rating average
- 4.5 out of 5
- • Rating users
- • Total downloads
- • Current version downloads
- • Updated: September 13, 2018
Hopster Coding Safari for Kids / Screenshots on iPhone
Hopster Coding Safari for Kids / Screenshots on iPad
Hopster Coding Safari for Kids / Description
Introducing kids to coding early is seen as vitally important by parents, educators, and tech leaders. Give your child a head start in learning how to code with Hopster Coding Safari.
We have created this animal themed pre-coding logic game to help kids learn the fundamentals of coding. Children are presented with a series of logic problems to solve, getting different animals to where they need to be.
What your child will learn from Hopster Coding Safari:
- The fundamentals of computational thinking
- Foundations of coding
- Problem solving
This game will engage young children in computational thinking - the fundamental techniques needed to understand coding - without them realising they are learning. It will also ignite their passion for puzzles and problem-solving - all while playing a fun game with animals.
It could be the Tiger that needs to get back to her den, the Penguin trying to return to its Antarctic Ice Hole, the hungry Monkey desperate to get to the banana tree, or one of the other animals in this app - here, play is at the heart of learning to code.
The tasks in Hopster Coding Safari become increasingly complex to resolve, and completing them gently guides your child through the four fundamental techniques of computational thinking:
- Pattern recognition
These are the basic techniques children need in order to learn how to code. So our game doesn't teach any specific programming languages but gives young children these foundations from which they will build on and learn to code.
Our Learning Goals:
1. Introducing children to computational thinking
• Going through a problem-solving process
• Breaking it down & looking for patterns
• Developing a step-by-step solution
• Reflecting on their choices
2. Delivering key computer science standards for UK (Early Years & Key Stage 1) and US Curriculum (Kindergarten through 2nd Grade)
• Understand what algorithms are
• Create and follow algorithms
• Model the way programs store and manipulate data by using symbols to represent information
• Develop programs with sequences and simple loops, to express ideas or address a problem
• Decompose the steps needed to solve a problem into a precise sequence of instructions
• Debug errors in algorithm that includes sequences and simple loops
• Use logical reasoning to predict the behaviour of simple programs
Toddlers and preschoolers will love the animal theme, and each one has been chosen to represent one of the 7 continents - Bear (North America), Fox (Europe), Tiger (Asia), Elephant (Africa), Monkey (South America), Penguin (Antarctica), and Kangaroo (Australia).
Built by the team behind Hopster, the award-winning kids learning and entertainment app, Hopster Coding Safari is 100% safe and ad-free.
Unlock the second coding world through a single in-app purchase or by using your existing Hopster subscription*
*You will need to create a Hopster login to use an existing subscription across other apps and platforms.
Hopster Coding Safari for Kids / Changelog / What's New in v3.2.12
- The love we've been having since launch has been absolutely amazing over 200,000 installs world wide. We couldn't have gotten here without all our lovely coders, amazing reviews & ratings, and honest feedback. Today we're delighted to expand the learning even further with a second world. As much as we'd like to offer the expansion for free, we've got a team to support and made the decision to charge a small one-time fee (all behind our age-gate) to unlock the second world. This will be on offer until the 2nd of October 2018 and if you're a Hopster subscriber via our other app, you'll get to unlock everything with your existing subscription just use your log-in credentials and you're set.
- Any questions or feedback? You can always reach us at [email protected]