Spinning Meals Smart Meal Planner 1.6.1 for iPhone
Food & Drink App on iOS
Our promise: Once you are set up, there's no easier way than Spinning Meals to create a weekly meal plan and grocery list on your iPhone. Save time every week and never be without a plan. ... Read More > or Install Now >
Spinning Meals Smart Meal Planner App / Specifications
- • Price: $2.99
- • In-app purchases: None
- • Content rating: Rated 4+
- • Requires: iOS 6.0 or later
- • Device compatibility: iPhone
- • Rating average
- 4 out of 5
- • Rating users
- • Total downloads
- • Current version downloads
- • Updated: February 18, 2014
More About Spinning Meals Smart Meal Planner App
What you need to know:
-In a single tap the app generates a meal plan and sorted grocery list, for up to a week or even longer
-A handful of recipes are included so you can start right away
-Recipes can be added by hand or from many popular websites you know and love
-Photo capability is provided, for supplied recipes, internet recipe capture, or add from your Camera or Gallery
-The app will continually improve, adding multi-device support and other features. You'll be glad you chose Spinning Meals!
As seen in the NYTimes and eHow's 12 Great Apps for Moms, Spinning Meals is a recipe-driven meal and grocery planner.
Spinning Meals is the only iPhone app that automatically plans your weekly meal schedule for you, based on your own recipes and preferences. Create an entire week’s meal plan with a simple tap and the app will automatically generate a shopping list for you to ensure you have all the ingredients necessary to make tasty, nutritious meals for the whole family.
-Automatically plan Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Dessert, even Snacks!
-Control planning behavior with personalized settings
-Build meal plans manually if you prefer
-Organize your recipes by category (Ex: Salads) and prep time
-Group recipes into meals (Pork Tenderloin with Mashed Potatoes and Asparagus)
-Shop from the grocery list generated from the meal plan
Using a patent-pending meal planning engine, Spinning Meals considers your food preferences and the seasonal variations which go along with your family's favorite meals. Seasonally categorize your family’s favorite dishes and how often you wish those dishes to appear on your meal plans. Give the app a spin and “Voilà!” Your grocery list and meal schedule is all ready to go.
What users are saying:
***** "I absolutely love it. I have been using it for a month or so and find it easy to stick to." -App Store review by bunnydays
***** "This App Saved My Marriage" - App Store review by On My Way Up Now
***** "Assigning meals with a specific frequency and season is genius! I am so glad to see an app that uses my methods and values for feeding my family!" App Store review by JMBacker
What experts are saying:
"I'm very impressed with this app, top to bottom. It solves the problem of the dinner rut, lets you use your own recipes while also adding in fresh ideas and it gives you automatic grocery lists. An all around win, win, win for me."
-Heather Leister, theiPhonemom.com
"This genius app takes the tedium out of menu planning. With a single spin, you get a weekly menu and a shopping list that makes it easy to pull off. It’s also simple to customize and add your family’s favorite dishes to the rotation."
-Marisa McClellan, blogger and author of the Food in Jars Cookbook, and seasoned meal planner
"…a one-stop shop for people who are in charge of organizing meals for the week."
-David Rabinowitz, 148apps.com
Stay tuned for exciting new features and recipes coming soon! Want to get in touch? Please visit www.SpinningMeals.com to leave comments or questions about the app, send a tweet to @spinningmeals, or simply email WeCare@SpinningMeals.com. To your health!
What's New in Spinning Meals Smart Meal Planner 1.6.1
- 1.6.1: Minor bug fixes to keep you spinning at the top of your game, because...
- 1.6: The Sochi Winter Games are here, and to celebrate, we've launched version 1.6, health and fitness edition!
- Many diet and exercise programs recommend 5 or 6 meals per day, which is now possible with the addition of Early Snack and Late Snack meal types. Go ahead and schedule your smoothies, your cottage-cheese-and-fruit snack, your protein bars, with personalized meal times and reminders just the way you want it. To balance it out and so that you can reward yourself a bit, we've enabled dessert-planning too!
- Other enhancements:
- Updated look and feel looks great with iOS7
- Retains search criteria during Add from Web
- Adds a new recipe sort option: Recently Added
- Recipe entry is easier than ever: ingredients and instructions text is auto-selected, which means you can start typing right away which will delete the default text
- Handles extra tall or wide photographs; try it with apps like Piiic which let you stack multiple photos or screenshots into one, which can be saved as your recipe photo as an easy way to capture print recipes, for instance.
- Now requires iOS 6.0 or later. Previous versions of the app still run on iOS 5.1.
- NOTE: Due to a technical issue, iCloud backups of the app are not restoring properly. If you are considering moving to a new device we hope you can wait until this issue can be resolved by a future version of the app. Please accept our sincere apologies for this issue, and the challenges we are experiencing with the Apple iCloud policy.