Mars or Earth 2.1 for iPhone and iPad
Free Social Networking App on iOS
Mars or Earth App / Specifications
- • Price: Free
- • In-app purchases: None
- • Content rating: Rated 17+
- • Requires: iOS 11.4 or later
- • Device compatibility: iPhone and iPad
- • Rating average
- 0 out of 5
- • Rating users
- • Total downloads
- • Current version downloads
- • Updated: September 21, 2018
Mars or Earth / Screenshots on iPhone
Mars or Earth / Screenshots on iPad
Mars or Earth / Description
Did you know that as of August 2018, there are already 340,000 over photos sent back by NASA's Curiosity Rover? Of the 340,000 photos, how many of them could make a difference to space exploration?
WHAT IS THIS APP ABOUT
Mars or Earth is a comment-crowdsourcing app which aim to gather comments on the Mars photos to help the scientists advance their research on space exploration. You can click on the photos and comment on the photo you find interesting. All comments will be posted on the Twitter account @teammarsorearth for all to view and share.
WHY THIS APP
There are 2 main reasons,
1. As aforementioned, there are so many photos sent back by the Curiosity Rover everyday. There is a very very slim chance where the staff at NASA may miss out certain details in the photos which MAY make a difference to our mission to colonise the Red Planet. By creating a platform for people to browse through the photos and post comments on the photos conveniently, we effectively increase our chances to spot any anomalies on Mars.
2. Generate interest in space exploration. Interplanetary colonisation is a far-fetched notion to many but it is an ambition we should all aspire towards. It may be a mission which will last through 2 or more generations of people yet we should treat it seriously. Resources on Earth will run out eventually and it is high-time to look for sustenance for our future generations. The space community is still relatively small and more work can be done to get more people interested in the space industry.
Get started by downloading the app and start swiping the photos!
Icons made by
Flat Icons from www.flaticon.com
Freepik from http://www.freepik.com
Vector Markets from https://www.flaticon.com/ are licensed by CC 3.0 BY
Icons were made by Font Awesome at https://www.fontawesome.com. They are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International license. More information about the license can be found at https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/. Minor adaptions may be made to the appearance of the aforementioned icon in official release.
Creative materials made by icons8 at https://icons8.com/
Mars or Earth / Changelog / What's New in v2.1
- The goal of reaching the Mars just a little bit closer...
- Added new feature to browse through beautiful photos of Earth. This feature has been pending to be released for a long time. Apart from viewing photos from Mars, it is good to appreciate the beauty we enjoy on Earth as well.
- Updates for iOS 12
- Under the hood improvements included