Plex 6.6 for iPhone and iPad
Free Entertainment App on iOS
Plex magically organizes your media libraries and streams them to any device – including all your video, music, and photo libraries. With a Plex Pass, supported tuner, and digital antenna, you can ... Read More > or Install Now >
Plex App / Specifications
- • Price: Free
- • In-app purchases: Yes
- • Content rating: Rated 12+
- • Requires: iOS 9.3 or later
- • Device compatibility: iPhone and iPad
- • Rating average
- 4.5 out of 5
- • Rating users
- • Total downloads
- • Current version downloads
- • Updated: December 16, 2019
More About Plex App
• Magically organize all your personal media – photos, music, movies, shows, even DVR-ed TV – and stream it to any device in a beautiful, simple interface, and Plex adds rich descriptions, artwork, and other related information
• Enjoy music streaming from TIDAL, including 59 million high-quality tracks and 250,000 music videos; augment your existing library or just listen to TIDAL—right in Plex
• Podcasts are here! Search for your favorites or discover new ones through personalized recommendations. Plus: 30 second skip, variable speed playback, rich discovery, and full Plex-style support for cross-device playback status (including On Deck, so you can pick back up where you left off on any device)
• Get personalized and trusted video news from over 190 global publisher partners (and growing!), including CBS, Financial Times, Euronews, and top local news sources for over 80% of markets in the US
• Cut the cord! Go premium with a Plex Pass and use Plex Live TV & DVR so you can watch and record free over-the-air HD TV, like NBC, ABC, CBS, and FOX, with any supported digital antenna and tuner
• Enjoy free features, like remote access, sharing, security, and casting, see your media beautifully enhanced with rich descriptions, artwork, ratings, and more
• Enjoy premium features with a Plex Pass subscription: DVR & Live TV, Camera Upload, Premium Photos, Mobile Sync, Parental Controls, VIP Perks, and much more
NOTE: Playing media from your Plex library on mobile devices is limited (one minute for music and video, watermark on photos) until the app is unlocked. For full functionality, get a Plex Pass -OR- make a small, one-time, in-app purchase for app access. Streaming personal media requires Plex Media Server version 1.3 or higher installed and running to stream to other devices. DRM-protected content, ISO disc images, and video_ts folders not supported.
What's New in Plex 6.6
- - Show user avatars next to servers on the More screen.
- - App would crash when casting Web Shows to some other devices.
- - Disabled sources could be incorrectly shown on the More screen.
- - Fixed a crash on iOS 9.
- - Fixed an issue where titles in the player could be cropped unnecessarily.
- - Fixed crash with Enhanced Video Player when the video contains tracks with non-UTF-8 titles.
- - Fixed the skip forward button on the iPad mini player.
- - Fixes an issue where the player interface could break when returning from the Play Queue.
- - Improve browsing performance when the user has a lot of scheduled DVR recordings.
- - Message on loading screens would sometimes get wrongly cropped.
- - Music wouldn't resume when playback is paused because audio output device changed (e.g. headphones disconnected).
- - Removing a managed user left some records of the user.
- - Search results couldn't be added to an ongoing Play Queue.
- - Show error screen when the Live TV Guide gets no data from PMS.
- - Skip preplay when selecting currently airing items on the EPG.
- - Sometimes the app would increase power consumption when having trouble to connect to a Plex Media Server.
- - The app as remote controller would show the wrong duration while playing ads.
- - The app would sometimes crash when searching.
- - The playlists page now updates correctly when adding and deleting playlists.
- - Volume slider wouldn't work with Chromecast.