Plex 6.10 for iPhone and iPad
Free Entertainment App on iOS
Plex magically organizes your media libraries and streams them to any device – including all your video, music, and photo libraries. With a Plex Pass, supported tuner, and digital antenna, you can ... Read More > or Install Now >
Plex App / Specifications
- • Price: Free
- • In-app purchases: Yes
- • Content rating: Rated 12+
- • Requires: iOS 10.3 or later
- • Device compatibility: iPhone and iPad
- • Rating average
- 4.5 out of 5
- • Rating users
- • Total downloads
- • Current version downloads
- • Updated: April 1, 2020
More About Plex App
• Magically organize all your personal media – photos, music, movies, shows, even DVR-ed TV – and stream it to any device in a beautiful, simple interface, and Plex adds rich descriptions, artwork, and other related information
• Enjoy music streaming from TIDAL, including 59 million high-quality tracks and 250,000 music videos; augment your existing library or just listen to TIDAL—right in Plex
• Podcasts are here! Search for your favorites or discover new ones through personalized recommendations. Plus: 30 second skip, variable speed playback, rich discovery, and full Plex-style support for cross-device playback status (including On Deck, so you can pick back up where you left off on any device)
• Get personalized and trusted video news from over 190 global publisher partners (and growing!), including CBS, Financial Times, Euronews, and top local news sources for over 80% of markets in the US
• Cut the cord! Go premium with a Plex Pass and use Plex Live TV & DVR so you can watch and record free over-the-air HD TV, like NBC, ABC, CBS, and FOX, with any supported digital antenna and tuner
• Enjoy free features, like remote access, sharing, security, and casting, see your media beautifully enhanced with rich descriptions, artwork, ratings, and more
• Enjoy premium features with a Plex Pass subscription: DVR & Live TV, Camera Upload, Premium Photos, Mobile Sync, Parental Controls, VIP Perks, and much more
NOTE: Playing media from your Plex library on mobile devices is limited (one minute for music and video, watermark on photos) until the app is unlocked. For full functionality, get a Plex Pass -OR- make a small, one-time, in-app purchase for app access. Streaming personal media requires Plex Media Server version 1.3 or higher installed and running to stream to other devices. DRM-protected content, ISO disc images, and video_ts folders not supported.
What's New in Plex 6.10
- - This will be the last version of the app with support for iOS 10 & 11.
- - Added new video quality settings for 4K media.
- - Re-enabled certain Facebook reporting events for a limited time on new app installs. Events remain disabled for app updates.
- - The default video quality for remote servers is 3Mbps.
- - All Episodes list showed duplicated information.
- - The TIDAL icon is now shown in the sidebar for TIDAL sources.
- - When the app is not activated, playback would pause periodically without apparent reason. The alert explaining why would be shown behind the actual player.
- - The Enhanced Video Player wouldn't play PCM audio tracks.