Blockly for Dash & Dot robots 2.10.0 for iPhone and iPad
Free Education App on iOS
Blockly for Dash & Dot robots App / Specifications
- • Price: Free
- • In-app purchases: None
- • Content rating: Rated 4+
- • Requires: iOS 8.0 or later
- • Device compatibility: iPhone and iPad
- • Rating average
- 4 out of 5
- • Rating users
- • Total downloads
- • Current version downloads
- • Updated: April 24, 2018
Blockly for Dash & Dot robots / Screenshots on iPhone
Blockly for Dash & Dot robots / Screenshots on iPad
Blockly for Dash & Dot robots / Description
PLEASE NOTE: This app requires a Wonder Workshop robot - Dash or Dot - and a Bluetooth Smart/4/LE-enabled device to play. To find out more, please visit our website: https://www.makewonder.com or an Apple Store (US, Canada). This app is FREE to play.
Blockly is a visual drag-and-drop programming tool developed by Google that allows children to snap together commands like puzzle pieces. Take on coding challenges and invent your own creations by using Blockly to control Dash & Dot!
Learn concepts like sequencing, events, loops, algorithms, operations, and variables through self-directed play and guided challenges. Basic puzzles teach the concepts of coding through playful project ideas, allowing kids to learn and explore all on their own. Bonus puzzles are added each week for endless entertainment and learning.
Kids can confidently embark on their own coding adventures with their newfound knowledge, a dash of creativity, and robot buddies - Dash & Dot. For ages 8 and up.
As seen on the New York Times, USA TODAY, WIRED, Engadget, BBC, and more.
“Thoroughly absorbing.” - New York Times
“Both kids begged me to take out the robots and start playing with them again.” - Business Insider
“Wonder Workshop's notion that kids need to learn twenty-first century skills (and can have fun doing it) flips the industry paradigm on its head, putting kids first.” - James Oppenheim
"They are designed to encourage kids to explore and be curious while also learning problem solving." - VentureBeat
HOW TO PLAY
- Connect Dash and/or Dot to the Blockly app using Bluetooth Smart/4
- Start with a sample project or start your own projects from scratch
- Navigate Dash through a maze or around your home, using object detection to avoid walls
- Dash & Dot know when they are being picked up and moved. Program them to sound the alarm when there is a disturbance!
- Program Dash & Dot to do synchronized dances and moves with lights, motion, and sounds
If you have any questions or suggestions, we would love to hear from you! Contact us at any time at https://help.makewonder.com.
ABOUT WONDER WORKSHOP
Wonder Workshop, an award-winning creator of educational toys and applications for children, was founded in 2012 by three parents on a mission to make learning to code meaningful and fun for children. Through open-ended play and learning experiences, we hope to instill a sense of wonder while helping kids develop their creative problem solving skills. We play test with children throughout our product and app development process to make sure our experiences are frustration free and fun.
Terms of Service:
Blockly for Dash & Dot robots / Changelog / What's New in v2.10.0
- Improved accuracy of robot movement using the 'Do Drive' command! Note: this change could affect any of your existing programs.