Accordance Bible (com.oaktree.iAccord): Accordance® is a fast and powerful Bible study app that lets you read, search, and explore the Bible.Read• Read the Bible and follow along with a...Read More > or Download Now >
Accordance Bible for iPhone and iPad
More About Accordance Bible
• Read the Bible and follow along with a commentary or your own study notes
• Compare two Bible translations side by side that will scroll in sync with one another
• Follow a Bible reading plan
• Take notes, create highlights, and add bookmarks that will sync with the desktop version of Accordance
• Search the Bible for words or verses
• Search the Bible using powerful tags and commands
• Search Greek and Hebrew Bibles (samples included) by lemma, inflected form, or root
• Press and hold when reading to bring up the magnifying glass, then select a word to view Instant Details (definition and/or parsing if available)
• Look up unfamiliar words in Bible dictionaries and lexicons
• Tap on hyperlinked verse references to view the full passage in the Instant Details popover
The following free resources are included in your initial download of Accordance:
• ESV Bible with Strong’s numbers (ESVi)
• World English Bible (WEB)
• Samples of the Greek New Testament and Hebrew Bible
• Easton’s Bible Dictionary
• Outlines of each book of the Bible
• Margin notes and cross-references
• Bible Lands PhotoGuide Sampler
• Kohlenberger/Mounce Concise Hebrew–Aramaic Dictionary
• Mounce Concise Greek-English Dictionary
If you register an Accordance account, you will also be able to download a free iOS Starter collection including:
• The 1901 American Standard Version (ASV)
• French: Louis Segond Bible
• German Elberfelder 1905
• German Lutherbibel 1912
• Greek and Hebrew Strong's Dictionaries
• Hitchcock's Dictionary of Bible Names
• Nave's Topical Bible
• Portuguese Bible: João Ferreira De Almeida Atualizada (ALMEIDA)
• Spanish 1909 Reina Valera with Strong's numbers
• Dr. J's Bible Study Methods
• Maps Sampler
• Timeline Sampler
• Chronological Readings
• Devotional Readings
• Classic Passages
• Parables & Miracles
If you would like to add more resources to your library, Accordance has an extensive collection of Bibles and study tools available for purchase. These materials range from Christian classics to Jewish publications to high-end reference works to the Dead Sea Scrolls in Hebrew. Whatever your Bible study needs may be, Accordance has you covered.
Questions or comments? Come join the discussion in our support forums at https://accordance.bible/forums/
What's New in Accordance Bible 3.4.2 >
* Refactored Accordance Account processes:
* - logout / keychain management
* - authorization / creation.
* Images in a Tool will now be scaled down when the pane narrows instead of having the edge cut off.
* For the 'Single Tap for Details' option, improved determination of "white space". Previously, it was difficult to find a tap point to toggle the menu bars for various RTL Texts, Interlinear, verse layout cases, etc.
Miscellaneous Display Fixes
* Text section headings could be inserted before the wrong paragraph (e.g. Neh 1:1 LSB).
* Display of verses with poetic style.
Tool Image Layout Fixes
* An extra line break was inserted before an image if the pane was narrow.
* A centered image would be left justified if image display was set to very large.
* An image in a table would not respect center justification in some cases.
* Secondary pane Text would not properly recall Interlinear settings.
* Highlight style rendering issue when showing Interlinear.
* Allow Arabic and perhaps other texts with Strong’s number to be added to the Interlinear text.
* Verify that non-biblical corpuses such as Athenasius no longer appear in the Interlinear pull-down menu items.
* An issue that prevented newly installed Texts from being available for certain Settings choices (e.g. Settings > Instant Details > Source Texts)
* Custom URLs would not work properly with certain module names.
* If Accordance could not find a module when tapping a Custom URL then certain module characters were garbled in the error alert.