Accordance Bible 3.1.0 for iPhone and iPad
Free Reference App on iOS
Accordance® is a fast and powerful Bible study app that lets you read, search, and explore the Bible.Read• Read the Bible and follow along with a commentary or your own study ... Read More > or Install Now >
Accordance Bible App / Specifications
- • Price: Free
- • In-app purchases: Yes
- • Content rating: Rated 4+
- • Requires: iOS 9.0 or later
- • Device compatibility: iPhone and iPad
- • Rating average
- 5 out of 5
- • Rating users
- • Total downloads
- • Current version downloads
- • Updated: September 2, 2020
More About Accordance Bible App
• Read the Bible and follow along with a commentary or your own study notes
• Compare two Bible translations side by side that will scroll in sync with one another
• Follow a Bible reading plan
• Take notes, create highlights, and add bookmarks that will sync with the desktop version of Accordance
• Search the Bible for words or verses
• Search the Bible using powerful tags and commands
• Search Greek and Hebrew Bibles (samples included) by lemma, inflected form, or root
• Press and hold when reading to bring up the magnifying glass, then select a word to view Instant Details (definition and/or parsing if available)
• Look up unfamiliar words in Bible dictionaries and lexicons
• Tap on hyperlinked verse references to view the full passage in the Instant Details popover
The following free resources are included in your initial download of Accordance:
• ESV Bible with Strong’s numbers (ESVi)
• World English Bible (WEB)
• Samples of the Greek New Testament and Hebrew Bible
• Easton’s Bible Dictionary
• Outlines of each book of the Bible
• Margin notes and cross-references
• Bible Lands PhotoGuide Sampler
• Kohlenberger/Mounce Concise Hebrew–Aramaic Dictionary
• Mounce Concise Greek-English Dictionary
If you register an Accordance account, you will also be able to download a free iOS Starter collection including:
• The 1901 American Standard Version (ASV)
• French: Louis Segond Bible
• German Elberfelder 1905
• German Lutherbibel 1912
• Greek and Hebrew Strong's Dictionaries
• Hitchcock's Dictionary of Bible Names
• Nave's Topical Bible
• Portuguese Bible: João Ferreira De Almeida Atualizada (ALMEIDA)
• Spanish 1909 Reina Valera with Strong's numbers
• Dr. J's Bible Study Methods
• Maps Sampler
• Timeline Sampler
• Chronological Readings
• Devotional Readings
• Classic Passages
• Parables & Miracles
If you would like to add more resources to your library, Accordance has an extensive collection of Bibles and study tools available for purchase. These materials range from Christian classics to Jewish publications to high-end reference works to the Dead Sea Scrolls in Hebrew. Whatever your Bible study needs may be, Accordance has you covered.
Questions or comments? Come join the discussion in our support forums at https://accordance.bible/forums/
What's New in Accordance Bible 3.1.0
- What's New
- Visual Improvements
- * Changed interface fonts throughout for a fresh, modern look.
- * The navigation bar and toolbars are now system themed. This fixes day/night transitions and confirms a consistent look when combined with the status bar.
- * The top and bottom toolbar now stays a default gray, rather than tinting to the pane.
- * Adjusted panes to display more real estate, bringing 25 pixels more reading area per pane.
- * Added a preference for whether or not pages go under the top and bottom toolbars (for maximum screen space) or not (for readability while interface is visible).
- * Added some nice padding to the edges of the About Text and About Accordance views.
- * Many layout optimizations to better support of popovers in iOS 13.
- * Cleaned up animations to show/hide everything at the same time.
- Instant Details Improvements
- * A simple tap on a footnote or verse reference in a Text view will now display Instant Details (instead of a long tap).
- * Tappable Instant Details links that open a new amplified view containing the selected verses, article, or search.
- * Visual upgrades when drawing text, dividers, and secondary module information.
- * For Tool and User Notes Instant Details, if the alternate hypertext is different from the primary, and both can display the verse, Accordance will show both in the Instant Details.
- * Added a new action ‘Context’ when tapping on verse links in a Tool or Tool pane, which shows the verse(s) in context.
- * The amplify action (to Tools) and amplify/context action (to Texts) will now update the contents of the other pane, if the panes are unlinked and the module is correct. This is particularly helpful to view references/lookups without losing the current place.
- Searching Improvements
- * Added ability to use the TEXT command.
- * Cross highlighting between open panes. Cross Highlighting is updated when tap and holding on words to start a selection.
- * Added ability to triple-tap on text, working like the desktop triple click on a word. This also supports modifier keys, if relevant.
- iPad Support
- * Added support for better interactions with iPadOS and a magic trackpad on iOS 13.4+. Details:
- * Added Cross Highlighting during hover when using iPadOS Trackpad.
- * Added the Font and Link icons to the top right side of the edit text keyboard on an iPad.
- * Page Turning now support multiple columns of text for wider panes.
- * Added support for displaying any Tool in a search secondary pane, not just Reference Tools. These Tools obviously never scroll together, and cannot be directly searched, but do have a Table of Contents for navigation. They are also able to receive an Amplify action from the Instant Details of the primary pane.
- * Improved the Parallel Tool selector to include a section header for both the ‘Current Folder’ and ‘All Tools’ sections. Now the Current Folder header includes a ‘Hide’ option for quick access to other tool folders, needed if there are many items in that folder.
- * Added improved two-finger swipe or tap-swipe back to return from an amplified view
- * Restored ability for iOS 13+ users to choose their day/night theme.
- * Improved accuracy when tapping on a footnote to prevent the end of a line before a footnote from counting as a footnote.
- * Updated to new Analytics and Crash reporting tools.