Wonder for Dash and Dot Robots 1.14.0 for iPhone and iPad
Free Education App on iOS
Wonder for Dash and Dot Robots App / Specifications
- • Price: Free
- • In-app purchases: None
- • Content rating: Rated 4+
- • Requires: iOS 8.0 or later
- • Device compatibility: iPhone and iPad
- • Rating average
- 4.5 out of 5
- • Rating users
- • Total downloads
- • Current version downloads
- • Updated: September 1, 2018
Wonder for Dash and Dot Robots / Screenshots on iPhone
Wonder for Dash and Dot Robots / Screenshots on iPad
Wonder for Dash and Dot Robots / Description
PLEASE NOTE: This app requires a Wonder Workshop robot - Dash or Dot - and a Bluetooth Smart/4.0/LE-enabled device to play. To find out more, please visit our website: https://www.makewonder.com or an Apple Store (US, Canada). This app is FREE to play.
Wonder makes robotics as delightful as finger painting. With a picture-based language and guided challenges, Wonder is the first coding tool that lets kids ages 8 and up have fun with robotics all on their own.
This app comes packed with over 50 challenges that will teach you how to code with Wonder, and you’ll be coding up a storm in no time. Travel through the African Grasslands, the Arctic Wilderness, and even Outer Space in your coding adventures to uncover new ideas for your robots. Turn Dot into a trumpet, a Pong arcade, or a desert race drifter. Dash is a real robot that comes with you on all your adventures! Transform Dash into a ferocious lion, dodge asteroids together in outer space, play a game of Marco Polo together, and much more.
When you and your robot are ready, start creating your own inventions. Once you’re done coding, put your iPhone or iPad away and your robot will remember your code. Wonder is the coding canvas that gives you the joy of creativity as you bring Dash and Dot to life. Roll up your sleeves, and push the boundaries of what is possible.
For ages 8 and up.
As seen on the New York Times, USA TODAY, WIRED, Engadget, BBC, and more.
“Thoroughly absorbing.” - New York Times
“Both kids begged me to take out the robots and start playing with them again.” - Business Insider
“Wonder Workshop's notion that kids need to learn twenty-first century skills (and can have fun doing it) flips the industry paradigm on its head, putting kids first.” - James Oppenheim
"They are designed to encourage kids to explore and be curious while also learning problem solving." - VentureBeat
HOW TO PLAY
- Connect Dash or Dot to the Wonder app using Bluetooth Smart/4
- Update your robots! This app brings new sounds, personalities, and abilities to your robots. There’s a lot for your robots to learn, so the update may take up to 10 minutes. Next time you turn your robot on, it will have a whole new personality!
- Venture on the Scroll Quest to complete challenges that will guide you on how to play and give you fun ideas for your robots. Start with Dash or Dot - there is a set of challenges for every kind of bot.
- Try the Free Play mode to create your own inventions for Dash and Dot.
- Transform Dash and Dot. Once you’re done coding, you can transfer your code to Dash or Dot. Next time you turn on your robot, it will run your code without being connected to an iPad or iPhone.
If you have any questions or suggestions, we would love to hear from you! Contact us at any time at https://help.makewonder.com.
ABOUT WONDER WORKSHOP
Wonder Workshop, an award-winning creator of educational toys and applications for children, was founded in 2012 by three parents on a mission to make learning to code meaningful and fun for children. Through open-ended play and learning experiences, we hope to instill a sense of wonder while helping kids develop their creative problem solving skills. We play test with children throughout our product and app development process to make sure our experiences are frustration free and fun.
Terms of Service:
Wonder for Dash and Dot Robots / Changelog / What's New in v1.14.0
- This release adds support for Spanish, French, and Traditional Chinese.
- This release also includes improvements for Dash’s IR sensor, allowing Dash to see other Dash and Dot robots when they are farther away.
- This update brought to you with love by the Wonder Workshop team.