Camera+ 2 1.6.4 for iPhone and iPad
Photo & Video App on iOS
Camera+ 2 App / Specifications
- • Price: $2.99
- • In-app purchases: None
- • Content rating: Rated 4+
- • Requires: iOS 11.0 or later
- • Device compatibility: iPhone and iPad
- • Rating average
- 4.1 out of 5
- • Rating users
- • Total downloads
- • Current version downloads
- • Updated: February 6, 2019
Camera+ 2 / Screenshots on iPhone
Camera+ 2 / Screenshots on iPad
Camera+ 2 / Description
Whether you’re a seasoned photographer or someone who’s barely touched a camera, Camera+ 2 will make you love taking photos.
Camera+ 2 is the best and most powerful camera app available. A complete rewrite of the original Camera+ that sold over 14 million copies, Camera+ 2 is better, faster and stronger than ever.
A lot of things have happened in the 8 years since we first released the original Camera+. iPhone cameras have improved dramatically - not only in terms of sheer optical quality, but also in the array of technical and creative tools they provide. Manual controls, RAW capture, depth editing are a few of the capabilities whose presence in a mobile phone was unthinkable just a couple of years ago.
We decided it was time to rebuild Camera+ to prepare for the next 10 years of mobile photography. We rewrote everything from scratch to create a solid and modern foundation on which to incorporate the advances we'll see coming with every new iPhone release. The result of that effort is Camera+ 2, and we are incredibly proud of it. It preserves the personality of the classic app you love, and it will enable us to continue in our mission to provide you with the best and easiest to use tools to express your creativity and personality. We hope you like using Camera+ 2 as much as we loved creating it.
Here are some of the best features in Camera+ 2.
Camera+ 2 supports and adapts to iPhone and iPad. Use the same shooting and editing tools consistently across all your devices, and take advantage of multitasking in iPad. All features, filters and tools are included in your purchase for all platforms - no in-app purchases required.
Photographers that need absolute control over their shots can use Camera+ 2’s advanced manual controls to select the precise settings they need. Shutter speed, ISO and White Balance can be selected using on-screen wheels and controls. In dual-lens devices, you can easily select Wide or Tele depending on your needs. The good thing about our manual controls is that they don't have to be present on-screen if you don't need them, so casual photographers are equally welcome.
RAW Capture and Editing
Enable RAW capture to get the exact image captured by the sensor at its full precision, to get the maximum flexibility while editing. Use our built-in RAW Editor to develop RAW images, or edit them on your computer with the tools you already use.
Depth Capture and Editing
In compatible devices (those with dual cameras, currently the iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8 Plus or iPhone X), a Depth-capture mode is available. When you enable depth capture in Camera+ 2, the depth information is saved alongside the image, and the adjustments in The Lab section of the editor can be selectively applied to distant or close subjects.
Use the Smile mode to allow Camera+ 2 to detect smiles and shoot for you, or the Stabilizer mode to shoot only when your iPhone is steady enough to produce a sharp picture. The Slow Shutter mode provides you with the means to take long exposures, even in daylight. Burst and Timer modes complete our comprehensive offering of shooting modes for specialized purposes.
Best Photo Library Integration
Camera+ 2 editing tools can now be easily used on all the photos in your Photo Library. Switch between the Photo Library and the Lightbox by simply tapping a button. Or use drag and drop gestures on the iPad to copy or share photos. Files and iTunes integration are also available, so you can easily transfer pictures to your computer or other apps.
Faster and More Efficient
All-new editing tools rewritten from scratch take full advantage of the newest image processing technologies of iOS 11. We could discuss this at length but we think it suffices to say that we met our goal to make editing, sharing and exporting faster than ever.
Camera+ 2 / Changelog / What's New in v1.6.4
- In this release, we fixed a torch glitch that was reported by one of our users.
- We also fixed a weird crash that could occur when initially launching the application after installation.
- Finally, we also fixed an issue in the Lightbox when using the Photos app to import pictures into Camera2.
- In version 1.6 we included the following:
- Action Mode
- They’re notoriously difficult to photograph, even harder to get to stand still, and always underfoot. I’m not talking about ghosts or your in-laws, but kids and pets! We’ve designed a special shooting mode to help capture those special moments-in-motion. Action mode does this in two ways. The first is our cutting edge focus tracking. Just tap your subject in the viewfinder and a yellow box will follow them around, keeping them in focus. When you’re ready to take the shot, hold the shutter button to get a burst of photos in rapid succession.
- While we were creating this, we realized that if you use burst a lot scrolling through the Lightbox can get… long. So we came up with a way to organize and select the best photos from your bursts.
- Burst Grouping
- Both Action and Burst mode will now, when saved to the Lightbox, show just one thumbnail for each set of photos taken. Double tapping this group will bring you to a mini Lightbox within your Lightbox where you can do everything you would normally be able to do with regular photos: edit, share, save, and delete. You can even move your best shots to the top level of your Lightbox. And when you zoom in on a photo, we’ve added a scrubber at the bottom so you can quickly flip back and forth to compare similar shots.
- What good is the perfect shot without the perfect way to share it? We know a lot of you use a vertical 16:9 format for Instagram stories. Now when you’re in 16:9 mode you can simply hold your device in portrait to take portrait photos or rotate your device to take a photo in the more traditional landscape orientation.