Mappen 2.0.0 for iPhone and iPad
Free Navigation App on iOS
Mappen App / Specifications
- • Price: Free
- • In-app purchases: None
- • Content rating: Rated 12+
- • Requires: iOS 10.3 or later
- • Device compatibility: iPhone and iPad
- • Rating average
- 4.5 out of 5
- • Rating users
- • Total downloads
- • Current version downloads
- • Updated: February 1, 2019
Mappen / Screenshots on iPhone
Mappen / Screenshots on iPad
Mappen / Description
SEE WHERE FRIENDS ARE AND MEET UP
Mappen helps you plan your social life by showing you where friends are and what they're doing so you can get together.
WYD? STATUS UPDATES
Set an emoji status to show friends what you're doing and see what everyone else is up to. Statuses let friends know if they should hit you up, text you to meet up for food, or drop by while you're watching Netflix.
We'll let you know when your best friends are nearby so you can meet up.
Only friends you add can see you on the map. Add friends you know IRL and you can stop sharing at any moment.
SEARCH & GO!
Search for any place on the map and tap "GO" to tell your friends where you are heading. Friends can easily join in and "GO" too!
Coordinate getting together in a direct message or in a group message with your Mappen friends. Messages only last 24 hours and it is easy to mute groups that get too chatty.
When friends are getting together Mappen will show you places that are trending on the map.
ADD PLACES TO YOUR MAP
Personalize your map with all your favorite places and check out places your friends like to eat, hangout and play. Add a note to each place so friends know why you love it.
On your profile Mappen helps you track how much time you spend making personal connections. Mappen's goal is to help you maintain social wellness by spending time with friends in real life!
Tap "React" on a friend and send one of 6 emoji reactions to your friend to let them know you're thinking about them.
KEEP YOUR FRIENDS SAFE
Friends should look out for each other. Check your map after getting together to see that friends got home safe.
We put over 50 years of combined engineering experience into minimizing Mappen's battery usage.
GO INVISIBLE ANYTIME
Go “invisible” to hide your location when you need extra privacy. You can choose to hide from one friend or everybody depending on the situation.
VoIP CALLING FOR EASIER PLANNING
Our VoIP calling feature lets you call your friends to finalize plans. This works over Wi-Fi, even if you don’t have a cell connection.
IN THE NEWS
Featured by Apple: https://itunes.apple.com/us/story/id1358139387
Mappen on Forbes: https://www.forbes.com/sites/serenitygibbons/2018/10/02/screen-time-is-killing-teens-could-entrepreneurs-use-screens-to-also-help-save-them/#4a676db91ba7
Mappen on ReadWrite: https://readwrite.com/2018/10/12/todays-social-platforms-are-dangerous-can-mappen-build-a-safer-one/
WHAT DOES MAPPEN MEAN?
The word Mappen is a contraction of the two words "make" and "happen" and it defines the purpose of the app which is to help you get together in real life with real friends and make things happen! We've seen it spelled all different ways... Mapen, Mappin, Mapon, Mapun, Mapan, Mappin, Mappon, Mappun, Mappan, Map-pen, Map-pin, Map-pon, Map-pun, Map-in, Map-en, Map-on, Map-un, Map-an. However you spell it we hope you love it and use it to create meaningful memories in real life.
Mappen / Changelog / What's New in v2.0.0
- This past year Mappen has grown from a small group of beta users to a community of over 1.5 million friends! We're proud to release Mappen 2.0 with features and updates based on your feedback. This year we hope Mappen helps you connect in real life with more friends and make great memories. Have ideas of how to make Mappen even better? Please send your thoughts to [email protected] Make Something Happen!
- Mappen 2.0 includes:
- Totally redesigned chat. Respond directly to a DM from a push notification, add reactions and easily start a group chat.
- Trending hot spots near you. Tap on a fire emoji to see who is getting together nearby.
- Make plans. Search for any restaurant or place and tap "Go" to broadcast where you are going to friends and make plans to meet up.
- Status updates. Pick from hundreds of emojis to broadcast what you are doing to friends.
- Favorite places. Add your favorite restaurants, hikes or hangout spots to your map for friends to see.
- Link your campus. Better connect with friends from school by joining your campus.
- Custom alert management. Tap on a friend's profile to manage notifications such as: nearby alerts, traveling, low battery, DMs and many more.
- Live location. Watch friends move on the map and know exactly where they are.
- Stats. Spending time with friends contributes to your wellbeing. Your Mappen profile keeps track of the people you hang out with and places you go.