iCatcher 5.3 for iPhone and iPad
News App on iOS
iCatcher App / Specifications
- • Price: $2.99
- • In-app purchases: Yes
- • Content rating: Rated 17+
- • Requires: iOS 12.0 or later
- • Device compatibility: iPhone and iPad
- • Rating average
- 4.8 out of 5
- • Rating users
- • Total downloads
- • Current version downloads
- • Updated: March 16, 2019
iCatcher / Screenshots on iPhone
iCatcher / Screenshots on iPad
iCatcher / Description
Download, listen, watch and enjoy your favorite podcasts.
• Subscribe to your favorite podcasts in the app and manage them in the app
• Download episodes over WiFi or Cellular (on devices that have cellular).
• Support for Password Protected feeds
• Background Refresh
• Download in the background
• Download multiple episodes at once (up to 3 on WiFi and 2 on cellular).
• Sync subscriptions, episode playback positions and playlists between your devices with iCloud
• Universal App (iPhone/iPad)
• Search in all views to find that podcast or episode you are looking for
• Custom playlists with filtering options by podcast, episodes and more.
• Support for continuous playback (toggle it on now playing screen just below time elapsed).
• All device orientations supported with configurable option in the settings
• You can unsubscribe to podcasts and still have them on your device. Use that for those less than stellar podcasts!
• Full VoiceOver support
• Variable playback speed
• Playback speed remembered per podcast
• Support for podcasts with chapters and chapter images (MP3 and M4A)
• Use your headset controls including Bluetooth car controls (when paired) to play/pause, jump forward or back 30 seconds
• Sleep timer
• Beautifully rendered show notes
• Onscreen controls for jumping ahead 30 seconds, or jump back 30.
• Gesture Support on the now playing screen (when the podcast logo is showing) to aid in hands free use
• Double-tap to play/pause
• Swipe up to toggle playback speed
• Swipe left/right to rewind/fast-forward
• Home of the L gesture for the 2 minute Leo jump.
• See Settings and Gestures for more and for customizing rewind/fast-forward gestures
• Support for AirPlay, watch or listen to those podcasts on your big screen
• Support for external display of videos for devices that support an external display (get the Apple HDMI adapter)
• Watch or listen to your favorite podcasts with a familiar layout
• Customizable options like Auto-Play on connect to start playing the last playing podcast when you plug your headphones in (some restrictions, settings, playback, general).
FIND NEW PODCASTS QUICK
• Find your podcasts by title, keyword or by author
• Browse the top podcasts by category
• Manually add podcasts with a URL
• Support for Password Protected feeds
• Option to download a single episode
• Browse the web in the app to find podcasts to add. Browser will prompt if you tap a link that is podcast feed.
• Import Podcast subscriptions for episodes that are already in your device from iTunes
• Import your OPML file from iTunes or other iOS podcast app
• Import media by using iTunes File Sharing feature
• Add your existing audiobooks (non-password protected ones) using iTunes File Sharing feature
• Add previously downloaded podcasts from your computer using iTunes file sharing feature (see settings and import media for details).
• Completely customizable to meet your podcasts needs.
• Swipe across a podcast or episode to access additional options
• Podcast settings allow you to set the days the podcast typically comes out or the number of days between.
• Specify the number of episodes to download when new ones are available
• Share the podcast information via email with your friends
• Post to Twitter or Facebook from the now playing screen
Email: tap Help tab and tap Email Support
PLEASE NOTE: The app does NOT sync with iTunes. Like other podcast apps it is standalone app meant to subscribe and download on the device.
* If a feed doesn't work, then let me know so I can take a look at it
Requires iOS 12 or higher.
iCatcher / Changelog / What's New in v5.3
- 5.3 Bug updates
- +Playlist option added to include any episodes that are not in the download queue
- +Setting added to disable full swipe actions. Settings tab, default actions, Full Swipe Action. Disable this to prevent the full left or right swipe on episodes/podcasts from taking action.
- +New sleep timer options added, "After episode ends". This option is also available with the auto sleep timer (Settings tab, playback, sleep timer).
- +When creating new playlists you now have the option of creating an empty playlist (no auto fill). This is a new playlist setting that you can disable for any of your custom playlists. The is called Auto Fill Playlist.
- +You can now create a copy of an existing playlist by dragging that playlist on to the Newbutton that you would normally tap to create a playlist. You can also drag individual episodes and/or podcasts on to that button to create a playlist for those items
- +Keywords to include/ignore has been updated to allow for specifying keywords to ignore and include. Ignore takes precedence. Example scenario is an hourly news podcast that you specify particular hours, but also want to ignore certain days like holidays.
- +Additional tip amount added to the Tip Jar under settings tab.
- +Bug fix for mp3 chapters with artwork and links.
- +Bug fix for app locking up while scrolling in some rare scenarios
- +Bug fix for night mode themes not updating all UI elements
- If you like iCatcher! and use it everyday, then please take a moment and share on the app store reviews. Your reviews help others to know about iCatcher!
- Follow me on twitter @joeisanerd