Footpath Route Planner 4.2.4 for iPhone and iPad
Free Navigation App on iOS
Map routes with your finger and Footpath will snap to roads and trails. Measure distances and elevations in seconds, then navigate along with turn-by-turn directions.Footpath is the ultimate ... Read More > or Install Now >
Footpath Route Planner App / Specifications
- • Price: Free
- • In-app purchases: Yes
- • Content rating: Rated 4+
- • Requires: iOS 10.0 or later
- • Device compatibility: iPhone and iPad
- • Rating average
- 5 out of 5
- • Rating users
- • Total downloads
- • Current version downloads
- • Updated: July 8, 2020
More About Footpath Route Planner App
Footpath is the ultimate companion for planning and navigating custom routes.
Join a half million adventurers and plan out your perfect route.
SNAP TO MAP
Quickly measure distances by tracing a map with your finger or Apple Pencil. Footpath will snap to roads and trails on the map.
MEASURE DISTANCE AND ELEVATION
Know exactly how far and how high you'll travel with elevation profiles. Plan routes that match your goals.
SAVE ROUTES FOR LATER
Plan out your week or trip. Keep up to 5 routes on hand for reference, or save unlimited routes with Footpath Elite.
Send your routes to friends or workout partners to open on their device.
Footpath is designed to work for pretty much any activity or adventure, in any country:
• Cycling and mountain biking
• Hiking and mountaineering
• Motorcycling and driving
• Backcountry skiing
• Kayaking and standup paddleboarding
• And many more!
Ready to go the extra mile? Upgrading to Footpath Elite unlocks the following powerful features:
- Footpath will tell you when to turn with turn-by-turn audio cues on your iPhone and Apple Watch.
- Save your route and cues in advance for voice guidance that works completely offline.
- Double tap your AirPods or use the playback controls button on your headphones to replay your next cue.
- 3D and topographic maps including Footpath Outdoors (Worldwide), USGS Topo Maps (U.S. and Canada), OpenCycleMap (Worldwide), and many more.
- Cycling lanes, avalanche slope shading, and elevation contour lines.
- Unlimited saved routes
- Edit saved routes
- Organize and sort routes into custom lists
- Calendar log and weekly summary of your activity
- Analyze splits, speed, elevation, and heartrate
- Speed heatmaps
- GPX import and export
- TCX and FIT course export for turn-by-turn navigation on Garmin and Wahoo GPS devices
- Export cue sheets to a spreadsheet app for customization and printing
- Export routes and workouts to Apple Health
You can purchase a Footpath Elite montly or yearly subscription through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Auto-renew can be turned off anytime by going to the Manage Subscriptions page in settings after purchase, and your features will remain active until the end of the subscription period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period at the same cost as your original purchase.
If you do not want to purchase a subscription, you may also purchase Footpath Elite on a route-by-route basis with a Single Route Pass.
TIPS FOR MAPPING ROUTES
• For longer routes, try zooming in and mapping your route in multiple segments.
• Tap and hold the map to quickly route between waypoints and POIs.
• Did Footpath snap to the wrong roads? Trace over the incorrect segment to edit, or use the eraser tool.
• Turn off snap to roads (magnet icon) and zoom in to manually trace the map. (Try switching to a satellite layer).
• Displaying maps and continuously running GPS in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Navigate without maps or with the screen off for all day battery life.
We've got a lot planned for Footpath. If you have any suggestions or feedback, or if you run into any issues, please contact us at email@example.com
Terms of Service: https://footpathapp.com/terms
What's New in Footpath Route Planner 4.2.4
- - Fixed an issue where the iPhone GPS tracker / navigation screen didn't appear
- - Fixed an issue where certain audio apps playing on iPhone (such as Audible and Spotify) would get paused by audio from the Footpath Apple Watch app (thanks Apple audio engineers Eric + Deepak)
- - Fixed a crash when mapping routes while using the 3D Satellite map layer (thanks David)
- - Fixed noisy GPS data when exporting GPX tracks (thanks Florian)
- - Fixed an issue exporting FIT files with special characters (thanks Mike)
- - Fixed speed graph and bugs related to manually logged tracks
- - New: you can now tap on any point along a loop or out-and-back route in the route editor to move the start point
- - New: cue sheet and turn-by-turn audio warnings if there are sections of the route that aren't able to be snapped to roads
- - Improved off route audio notifications
- - Improved reliability when syncing dozens of routes at once
- Leave us a App Store review if you're enjoying Footpath, or feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any problems or suggestions.