Mandelpad 3.0 for iPhone and iPad
Free Entertainment App on iOS
Mandelpad is an easy-to-use and visually attractive fractal imaging app that calculates Mandelbrot and Julia sets using seven different beautiful color schemes.Instead of adding many ... Read More > or Install Now >
Mandelpad App / Specifications
- • Price: Free
- • In-app purchases: None
- • Content rating: Rated 4+
- • Requires: iOS 11.4 or later
- • Device compatibility: iPhone and iPad
- • Rating average
- 5 out of 5
- • Rating users
- • Total downloads
- • Current version downloads
- • Updated: August 10, 2019
More About Mandelpad App
Mandelpad is an easy-to-use and visually attractive fractal imaging app that calculates Mandelbrot and Julia sets using seven different beautiful color schemes.
Instead of adding many different algorithms we sticked to the classical z = z^2 + c algorithm and invested more time in creating an intuitive user experience when holding the "Mandelpad" in your hands. The app works both in landscape and portrait mode, uses a transparent toolbar in order to provide a maximum of visual space and makes it really easy to jump to the associated Julia set for any point in the Mandelbrot set. Thanks to the iPhone and iPad's fast silicon, even complex Mandelbrot and Julia sets are calculated pretty fast.
Unlike other fractal imaging apps for iOS, Mandelpad was specifically designed for the iPad and iPhone user experience. In addition, it comes with a number of pre-configured bookmarks that provide you with nice starting points for your journeys into the best-known fractal "world".
What's New in Mandelpad 3.0
- Mandelpad 3 has been rewritten from the ground up and comes with a number of nice new features and improvements:
- Much more responsive user interface with easier and more accurate single-finger long-press selection for zooming
- More detailed rendering of images on Super Retina HD displays
- Extra color scheme button and optimized re-coloring for faster switching between themes
- New quick previewing functionality for Julia sets from Mandelbrot sets via single tap
- Improved sharing functionality for images, e.g., letting you save images directly to your photo library
- And for my fellow developers: Mandelpad 3 is written in 100% Swift :-).