Elytra 1.4.1 for iPhone and iPad
Free News App on iOS
PRIVATE: Your account is set up automatically and is completely private. Elytra will not collect any personal information from you.MODERN FEED FORMATS: Elytra supports both XML and JSON ... Read More > or Install Now >
Elytra App / Specifications
- • Price: Free
- • In-app purchases: Yes
- • Content rating: Rated 12+
- • Requires: iOS 12.0 or later
- • Device compatibility: iPhone and iPad
- • Rating average
- 4.5 out of 5
- • Rating users
- • Total downloads
- • Current version downloads
- • Updated: September 28, 2019
More About Elytra App
MODERN FEED FORMATS: Elytra supports both XML and JSON feed formats.
PUSH NOTIFICATIONS: Get real-time updates from your favorite blogs which support the WebSub protocol.
LOCAL BOOKMARKS: All your bookmarks are locally available to read and refer even when you’re offline.
NATIVE RENDERING: Elytra renders your articles using native features of iOS to bring inclusive features like Dynamic Type, Voice Over for Accessibility and reduce usage of tracking scripts.
IMAGE LOADING: Elytra provides various image loading options so you can save on mobile bandwidth and load images you deem necessary.
SYNC: Elytra supports cross-device sync. You can automatically sync using iCloud Keychain or copy your Anonymous Account ID to your new device.
SEARCH: Search for a feed, then an article and then snippets within the article. Elytra is the first RSS Reader to support search within articles.
APPEARANCE: Elytra supports both Light and Dark themes, as well as a Black theme on supported devices. You can choose between various Serif and Sans-Serif fonts.
LINKED HEADERS: When the Article Author goes through the trouble of linking headers with IDs, it only makes sense that Elytra enables you to share direct sections with your friends & family.
MUTE FILTERS: Clean up your feeds from unwanted topics, spoilers, and noise.
Elytra cannot connect to or sync with other RSS Syncing or Aggregation services.
What's New in Elytra 1.4.1
- v1.4 of Elytra brings iOS 13 support. This build fixes a few bugs and regressions from v1.4.
- - Fixed Galleries overflowing screen bounds on iPhones by 4pt. This caused the paging to behave unusually sometimes showing a little bit of the next image.
- - Fixed favicon scaling issue in the New Feed Interface
- - Removed some extra code for scaling images (the code checked if the image was cached, twice!).
- - Fixed the activity indicator not being visible when using dark mode (black backgrounds don't show black activity indicators easily, ya know!)
- - Fixed bookmarking and bookmark updating. Also fixes the incorrect states reported in the UI about the same.
- - Fixed a crash that would occur on iOS 13 if you opened a folder when feeds were updating in the background.
- - Uses the new Link Previews to show Tweets.
- - Fixed a range overflow bug which occurred when an HTML element's text content was trimmed but the attributes range was not adjusted for the same.
- - Fixed opening articles from notifications.
- - Tapping buy without a valid product selected no longer crashes the app.
- - Fixed a rendering bug for Youtube video cover images which did not respect the source aspect ratio.
- As always, if you have a spare minute and like using Elytra, please rate Elytra on the App Store, it helps me a lot. Thank you in advance.