Halide Camera 1.9.0 for iPhone
Photo & Video App on iOS
Halide Camera App / Specifications
- • Price: $5.99
- • In-app purchases: None
- • Content rating: Rated 4+
- • Requires: iOS 11.0 or later
- • Device compatibility: iPhone
- • Rating average
- 4.5 out of 5
- • Rating users
- • Total downloads
- • Current version downloads
- • Updated: September 17, 2018
Halide Camera / Screenshots on iPhone
Halide Camera / Description
“This iOS Camera App Brings Out the Pro in Amateurs”
“Lavish, tactile, respectful, illuminating, gorgeous.”
“Halide has the potential transform how you make photos with your phone.”
“This sort of maniacal attention to the smallest of details deserves to be celebrated.”
- Daring Fireball
Halide is a groundbreaking camera app for deliberate and thoughtful photography. With high-end tools, a UI designed from scratch for iPhone 8 and iPhone X featuring beautiful details, Halide is your go-to camera when you want to really take a photo rather than a quick snapshot.
Use gestures in Halide’s to change exposure and manual focus with a swipe. Halide’s professional tools include focus peaking, a detailed histogram, adaptive level grid, and RAW support (on certain phones*). Customize controls to adapt the app to your needs.
- Beautiful, intuitive gesture-based interface
- On iPhone X, a custom-designed UI that is completely usable with one hand
- Focus peaking* and powerful manual focus
- Full manual controls including shutter speed, ISO and white balance
- Live histogram for perfect exposure*
- Captures RAW, TIFF, HEIC or JPG for the best quality shots*
- Capture Depth on dual-camera iPhones*
- Grid overlay with built-in level
- Quick-review of your last few shots
- Intelligent automatic and manual mode
Focus peaking requires iPhone 5S or later (5S, 6, 6S, 7, 8, X, SE)
Histogram requires iPhone 6 or later. (6, 6S, 7, 8, X, SE)
RAW requires iPhone 6S or later. (6S, 7, 8, X, SE)
Depth Capture requires a dual-camera iPhone (iPhone 7 and 8 Plus, iPhone X)
Halide Camera / Changelog / What's New in v1.9.0
- Welcome to Halide 1.9, a big update that makes the most of iOS 12. Let's go over what's new!
- PORTRAIT EFFECTS MATTE
- We're excited to support the new Portrait Effects Matte (PEM). When shooting photos with depth, PEM generate a crisp black-and-white matte alongside the depth data. This dramatically improves background effects, like portrait blur. It has to be seen to be believed, and it's easy! After taking a depth photo, tap the portrait icon to see the black-and-white matte. You'll be amazed by the fine details it captures, like hair.
- SIGNATURE HALIDE PORTRAIT BLUR
- With the help of Portrait Effects Matte, we've developed our own custom blur, unique from the iOS camera's portrait effect. It adds the lush bokeh you expect from a traditional camera.
- SUPERCHARGED PERFORMANCE
- Our viewfinder is now powered entirely by Apple's latest graphics technology, Metal. This will save battery, and pave the way for exciting new features in the works. And since our last major update, we've cut memory by as much as 80%. This speeds up launches and make your whole phone feel faster.
- SIRI SHORTCUTS AND VOICE TRIGGER
- Halide 1.9 integrates with Siri Shortcuts. Take a lot of photos at sunset? Siri will learn this and start suggesting Halide in search and on your lock screen.
- But we're really excited about the Siri powered Voice Trigger. Take a shot by saying, "Hey Siri, fire the shutter." This is great for remote shots, like group photos. You can enable this feature in Settings.
- TECHNICAL READOUT
- Curious about the nitty gritty details of your phone's cameras? We now give you a report of system-level information. Access Technical Readout in Settings.
- SUPPORT FOR NEW IPHONES
- Halide is ready to be used with your new phone out of the gate, with a tweaked landscape UI, extra-large last shot thumbnail and its entire user interface easily reachable with just one hand. And check out Technical Readout section to see how much it's improved!
- AND BEYOND IOS 12:
- Wide Color Rendering – When using depth mode or focus peaking, you'll notice vibrant, richer color. While we've always supported wide-color photos, what you see in the viewfinder will now more accurately represent the final image.
- Smart Inversion – We invest in accessibility with every release. In this update we support smart-inversion, which inverts the colors of an app to help the visually impaired.
- If you enjoy this update, consider rating us. If you run into any issues, we're always listening at [email protected]