Arc 2.3.2 for iPhone
Free Health & Fitness App on iOS
Arc App / Specifications
- • Price: Free
- • In-app purchases: Yes
- • Content rating: Rated 12+
- • Requires: iOS 11.3 or later
- • Device compatibility: iPhone
- • Rating average
- 4.5 out of 5
- • Rating users
- • Total downloads
- • Current version downloads
- • Updated: December 17, 2018
Arc / Screenshots on iPhone
Arc / Description
Automatically keep track of the places you visit, how you got there, and what you did while you were there. With a learning engine that gets smarter and more accurate the more you use it.
- Moves app data importer!
- Automatic recording of places you visit, with a learning engine that improves accuracy as it learns your habits
- Automatic recording of walking, running, cycling, driving, trains, trams, buses, airplanes, motorcycles, and boats, with increasing accuracy over time
- Collates place statistics, average visit durations, average calories burned, heart rate, and more
- Compare individual visit statistics to your averages
- Collates workout sessions and sleep times for each visit
- Altitude graphs for visualising mountain hikes, airplane flights, etc
- Daily activity summaries, showing duration, distance, and calories burned per activity type
- Search by name for past places and activities
- Automated daily exports in standard GPX format
- Export walking, running, and cycling to Apple Health workouts
Collection of Health data such as calories burned and heart rate requires an Apple Watch or other Apple Health connected device.
Arc is only awake and using GPS when you are active and moving. For the rest of the day Arc stays in a low power sleep mode, with GPS turned off, to conserve battery.
On a typical day of two to three hours of travel a single full battery charge should last from morning to evening without requiring extra recharging during the day. However longer trips (for example a long hike or cross country drive) may consume more than expected battery, due to Arc needing to be awake and recording, with GPS activated, for the duration of the trip.
For longer trips, I recommend plugging your phone into a car charger or battery pack, to avoid unpleasant battery surprises.
BECOME A BACKER
By becoming a monthly Backer, you help to support the project's continued development. Thanks!
## Backer Subscription Details
Your subscription will be charged to your iTunes account. At the end of the term your subscription will automatically renew in your iTunes account. You will be charged for the regular price of your subscription within 24 hours prior to the end of the current term. You can turn off automatic renewal in your iTunes account settings at any time, but you must do so at least 24 hours before the end of the current term. Refunds will not be provided for the unused portion of any term.
Arc / Changelog / What's New in v2.3.2
- ## 2.3.2
- Hopefully fixed the crash during launch that is affecting a small number of people.
- ## 2.3.1
- Arc now monitors the thermal state of your phone (ie how hot it is), and dynamically adjusts its processing and recording to suit the thermal conditions.
- A note on data gaps and "Arc has been stopped" notifications:
- If you are experiencing frequent notifications that Arc has been stopped by iOS, or frequent data gaps, and you own a newer model phone (iPhone 8, X, or newer), please contact Apple support, quoting bug number 45805073.
- Apple have yet to acknowledge the iOS 12 bug that is causing increased instability and unreliability for background apps on newer model phones. Perhaps it's time they heard from more of us!