Piano Motifs for iPhone and iPad
More About Piano Motifs
• Check out the music that Piano Motifs can generate at: https://soundcloud.com/azul-3d
• Create original, catchy and inspiring MIDI loops at the touch of a button.
• No musical knowledge or skill is necessary to create completely new and original music. Piano Motifs is the simplest way to generate your own music.
• There are no preset melodies. Melodies are generated algorithmically. The melodic possibilities are endless.
• Move the slider to adjust the music tempo (speed-bpm) or select the key, scale, time signature, octave range, number of bars, melody constraints, melody note frequency and accompaniment style for your motif. Shift the octaves for both melody and accompaniment of a generated motif.
• Option to generate Swing rhythm for the melody, either Shuffle or Hard Swing.
• Motifs can now be up to 80 bars. The number of bars can be easily programmed.
• Program your own chord progressions and let Piano Motifs generate an accompaniment and melody for them.
• Generation of a 3rd track with the option of it being a sustained chord per bar, sustained chord per multiple bars or a drone tone. Ideal for strings, choirs or pads.
• Arrange your motifs to create longer musical pieces. Create your own song structures using different motifs for different song sections. Shift octaves or semitones on the different sections of an arrangement.
• Choose from 17 different kinds of accompaniment styles.
• Define your arpeggio accompaniments.
• Choose from 8 different kinds of melody constraints.
• Major, Minor, Lydian, Mixolydian, Dorian, Phrygian, Harmonic Minor and Phrygian Dominant scales supported.
• Program the maximum melody note length.
• Replay music at different tempos.
• Name and save your favorite motifs.
• Save your motifs as MIDI files so you can edit them or add more instrumentation to them on your favorite Digital Audio Workstation (DAW).
• When export a MIDI file, export with a third MIDI track with one chord per bar. Ideal for synth pads, strings or chorus.
• Incorporate the MIDI file in your iOS production workflow.
• Share audio or MIDI through iMessages, e-mail, Whatsapp or AirDrop. Save audio or MIDI to your device's file system.
• AUv3 MIDI Plug-In In-App Purchase:
Incorporate Piano Motifs seemlessly in your workflow by instantiating it once or multiple times in an app that can host AUv3 MIDI Plug-Ins, for example: AUM, AudioBus 3, ApeMatrix or Drambo. Please note that Piano Motifs as an AUv3 MIDI Plug-In will not play any sound by itself, it generates MIDI that can be routed to other apps and effects instantiated in a host.
• AUv3 MIDI Plug-In features include:
- Ability to play Piano Motifs in sync and out of sync with the host.
- State saving functionality.
- Independent programmable MIDI channels for melody, accompaniment and an optional third track.
- Interactive octave shifting for melody and accompaniment.
• MIDI Out In-App Purchase:
Play the music generated by Piano Motifs on your favorite synthesizer, DAW, a connect/route/mix app like AUM, or any app that has Virtual MIDI Destination (MIDI In) capabilities. IMPORTANT: Before purchasing please be aware that Piano Motifs DOES NOT OFFER Ableton Link functionality.
• MIDI Out In-App Purchase features include:
- Setting Piano Motifs in loop mode
- Programmable delay for the start of a motif
- Independent programmable MIDI channels for melody, accompaniment and an optional third track
- MIDI Out settings are saved between Piano Motifs sessions
• Piano Motifs chooses a music key from many different scales and an accompaniment from a varied set of accompaniments. Piano Motifs then uses its musical theory algorithms to overlay a melody in the chosen key and accompaniment. Piano Motifs are short, they go from around 16 seconds to around 30 seconds.
What's New in Piano Motifs 4.53 >
• Added Tonic Drone options for the Note Sustain Mult Bar Accomp Style. When these Tonic Drone options are used, different notes of the Tonic Chord are played continuously during the motif. The options are (e.g. CMaj): 1 (C), 1-3 (C-E), 1-5 (C-G). This Accomp Style is great for Pad or String instruments (instruments with high Sustain values) which can be used in Ambient Style tracks.
• Added Randomize Velocity Setting. When this mode is On, the note velocities will have a slight random shift up or down from their default values.
• Improved arpeggio generation algorithm for more variety.
• Fixed crash that can occur when programming a Melody Sequence and the motif has internal 4 bar repeat sequences.