Castro 2019.9 for iPhone
News App on iOS
Castro is a beautiful, full-featured podcast player that makes it easy to track and manage lots of podcasts at the same time. Only listen to the episodes you want and easily skip the rest, queue up ... Read More > or Install Now >
Castro App / Specifications
- • Price: $4.99
- • In-app purchases: Yes
- • Content rating: Rated 17+
- • Requires: iOS 11.2 or later
- • Device compatibility: iPhone
- • Rating average
- 4.7 out of 5
- • Rating users
- • Total downloads
- • Current version downloads
- • Updated: August 3, 2019
More About Castro App
Castro is a beautiful, full-featured podcast player that makes it easy to track and manage lots of podcasts at the same time. Only listen to the episodes you want and easily skip the rest, queue up hours of podcasts at a time and enjoy a seamless listening experience with carplay compatibility, chapter support, trim silence and much, much more!
HOW IT WORKS
1. New episodes land in the NEW tab. Read their descriptions, add episodes you like to your QUEUE, and clear the rest.
2. Press play to listen to episodes from your QUEUE in order. Queued episodes are downloaded automatically.
3. Re-order your QUEUE to plan your next few hours of listening at any time. Browse your LIBRARY to review the back catalogue, quickly access starred shows, and see your listening history.
Subscribing to a podcast is no longer a commitment to listen to every episode. You don’t have to manage a huge list of subscriptions or choose a few shows and miss the rest.
WHY OUR USERS LOVE CASTRO
• Drag and drop podcasts to plan your listening with Castro’s unique queue
• An elegant dark mode and thoughtfully designed sleep timer offer the best in night time podcast listening.
• CarPlay support makes it easy to pick up where you left off while driving.
• Apple Watch app to control playback and select another episode from your queue.
• Episode notifications include a summary of the episode to help you decide if it interests you. Play, queue or clear the episode directly from the notification without opening the app.
Castro Plus is an optional paid subscription available for $18.99/year (includes a one-week trial). Plus unlocks a range of advanced features:
• Trim Silence — With this option on, the app will analyze audio as it plays to detect silent parts and accelerate those parts. Get through more episodes faster.
• Enhance Voices improves the listening experience for many podcasts and makes it easier to hear in loud environments. Under the hood, Enhance Voices applies a dynamic compressor to increase volume just where it’s needed.
• Sideloading: Import audio files directly, just by dropping them in iCloud Drive
• Mono-Mix — Mixes a stereo podcast to mono, which makes it easier to hear podcasts that pan some guests on left/right channels.
• Chapter Support: Artwork, Skipping & Pre-selection.
• Custom settings per-podcast: Episode Limit, Trim Silence, Enhance Voices, Mono Mix, Skip Intros, Playback Speed.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
“Castro 3 is an incredible app.”
— The Sweet Setup
“Castro 3 is everything Castro already was, but better.”
Castro 3 Is a Great Modern Podcast App”
— Beautiful Pixels
“Unlike other podcatchers, Castro's primary virtue is its simplicity and ease of use. The app combines sleek visual design with crystal clear audio.”
— Tom’s Guide
CASTRO PLUS SUBSCRIPTION TERMS
Castro Plus costs $18.99 per year. Prices are in US dollars and may vary in countries other than the US.
Castro Plus is charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. It will renew on the day before the current subscription period ends. You can cancel auto-renewal any time from the Castro settings screen.
You can switch between the two subscription periods after you pick one, but your trial period will end immediately if you do, so it's best to wait till your free week is over before changing.
Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
What's New in Castro 2019.9
- [NEW] Audio-only option when sharing clips.
- [NEW] Tapping share on now playing screen presents option to share a link to: now playing episode, current timestamp, start of current chapter, now playing podcast.
- [CHANGED] Inbox is Inbox again.
- [CHANGED] When applying episode limit the episode at the top of the queue may now be archived unless it’s already in progress.
- [CHANGED] Gradient behind action buttons on show notes screen is now smoother.
- [CHANGED] Subscription manager is written in Swift.
- [CHANGED] Credits screen.
- [FIX] Tapping page dots on the player screen on iPhone SE now toggles between screens as expected.
- [FIX] Action button at the bottom of show notes could previously get stuck behind the home indicator on X type screens instead of sliding off properly.
- [FIX] A crash that could happen when parsing data from the server.
- [FIX] A crash that could happen when canceling from clip sharing screen.
- [FIX] Mix to Mono was working in reverse in the last version.
- [FIX] An issue that could cause episode action buttons to be missing on show notes screens.
- [FIX] Issue where show notes text could flash temporarily behind action buttons when show notes were pushed on.
- [FIX] Crash that could happen when opening a podcast on the Discover tab.
- [FIX] Crash that could happen when opening a podcast while offline.
- [FIX] Loading state was missing after tapping Subscribe on a podcast.
- [HIDDEN] Circles Easter Egg for Castro 1 fans.