RideScout 1.8.23 for iPhone
Free Navigation App on iOS
RideScout App / Specifications
- • Price: Free
- • In-app purchases: None
- • Content rating: Rated 4+
- • Requires: iOS 7.0 or later
- • Device compatibility: iPhone
- • Rating average
- 3.5 out of 5
- • Rating users
- • Total downloads
- • Current version downloads
- • Updated: May 14, 2015
RideScout / Screenshots on iPhone
RideScout / Description
Do you spend too much time evaluating transit options? Are you unsure of all the ground transportation choices in town?
Stop using multiple apps and sites to find schedules and directions. Get from point A to B faster and smarter with RideScout.
RideScout is a free mobile app that lets you discover and compare ALL available public, private and social transit options in real time on a single map. Download as an all-in-one tool for bus, bikeshare, car share, carpool, car2go, Zipcar, Amtrak, Sidecar, taxi, train, subway, metro and even parking options. RideScout will map your routes using all modes of ground transportation based on live, real-time schedules & associated fares. Combine trip planning in other transport apps and just use RideScout.
Featured in The New York Times, The Washington Post, Chicago Tribune & Houston Chronicle.
“It's a one-stop shop." - The Atlantic Magazine's City Lab
HOW TO SCOUT YOUR NEXT RIDE WITH RIDESCOUT
1- SEARCH all transportation options available to you right now.
2- COMPARE the best ride options given your current circumstances.
3- BOOK your ride!
- Find bus & subway locations with real-time departure schedules.
- Get walking, biking, & driving directions.
- Sort ride results by type, cost, departure & arrival time & calories burned.
- Easily compare subway fares & taxi estimates alongside other transport options, including driving your own car.
- Activate alerts to arrive on time & navigate with step by step directions.
- Bookmark & save your favorite travel locations.
- Sync your calendar to quickly find rides to meetings & events.
- Avoid “dock block.” See bikeshare availability at any station before you get there.
- Avoid traffic & road congestion with push notifications.
- See available parking spots.
If you’re seeking real time NYC Subway schedules, DC Metro directions, SF Muni routes, a CTA map, or Amtrak fares, then RideScout is your app! See these options plus all available rides in over 70 cities.
Features national transportation providers, including: Amtrak, Zipcar, car2go, Sidecar, Silvercar, Bandwagon, Flywheel taxi, & Parking Panda.
RideScout is now optimized with hyper-local transit, bikeshare & car share in the following cities:
Atlanta - MARTA
Austin – Capital Metro, Austin B-Cycle
Baltimore – MARC, MTA, Charm City Circulator
Boston – MBTA, MassPort Authority, Hubway
Chicago – CTA, Divvy, PACE, Metra
Columbus - COTA
Denver – RTD Bus & Rail, eGo Carshare
Detroit - DDOT
Fort Worth – FWTA
Houston – MTA Harris County
Indianapolis – IndyGo
Kailua/Honolulu – TheBus
Los Angeles – LA Metro, Metrolink, Omnitrans, LADOT
Madison – Community Car
Miami – Metrobus, Metrorail, Metromover, Tri-rail
Minneapolis – MVTA, Nice Ride, Hourcar
New York - MTA Subway & Bus, PATH, Citibike, Tappan Zee Express, Bee-Line, Gett
Orange County - OCTA
Philadelphia - SEPTA
Pittsburgh - PAAC
Portland – TriMet, Ride Connection, Swan Island TMA
Providence - RIPTA
Raleigh – CAT, NC State Wolfline, DATA, Chapel Hill Transit, Triangle Transit
Sacramento - SACRT
Salt Lake City – UTA, Greenbike
San Diego – SDMTS, NCTD
San Francisco Bay Area - BART, SF Muni, Caltrain, Bay Area Bike Share, SamTrans, Scoot, Golden Gate Ferry, City Carshare
Seattle - King County Transit, Sound Transit
St. Louis – Metro St. Louis
Washington DC – WMATA Metro & Bus, Capital Bikeshare, MARC, MTA, ART, DC Circulator
Montreal – STM, STL, Bixi
Toronto - TTC
Vancouver – TransLink
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
RideScout / Changelog / What's New in v1.8.23
- Made a few tweaks for big things to come. Stay tuned, Scouts!